small brush shouldn't fuck with big timber

Death's Door, the view from the Spanish announcers table

Monday, June 30

Not a bad weekend if I must say, Saturday I hung out with Michelle and ripped her carpet up. It was fairly old but had some nice padding underneath which made it easy to handle. But as a result the both of us were on our hands and knees for quite a while getting good and sweaty, good thing she’s as limber as she is cause a muthafucker knows I’m not exactly built for that shit. The girl wore me the hell out and all I could do was lay on the couch after I got home cause I was spent. That night I went to the Hurricane for the big Season To Risk last show but not the last show party. But all the news trucks parked up and down the block kind’a laid a bummer on the start of the night. I guess Friday night as all the bars were closing shit broke down and some chick knifed this cat to death out in the big common parking lot that the Hurricane shares with other Westport businesses. It was a fucked up deal all around, one kid dead and never coming back, and the other kid’s life fucked up forever. Living without consequences is all I can say.
Anyway, it was a great show inside the Cane and every body I fucking knew was in the house. Megan’s band the Hot Children, opened up the show, this was their first time playing out live and I really wanted to see what the lovely Megan had working. I dug their sound but I don’t know if I can describe or not. Techno with a punkish vibe and a bit of beach thrown in? I’m sure she’ll tell me if I’m off base or not, but it was cool to see her on stage and cooler to see her bouncing off the walls after the show. Nothing like the first time baby! I faded on the next two bands cause me and Mito’s man Chris started knocking back shots, and I kind’a lost track of where I was. But I made it up to the stage for Season To Risk and got to see the boy’s fuck some people up. They even flew in their OG drummer David in from Boston to do the last show with em. And for some reason just standing off the side of the stage watching David play made me understand the music better? The next day was Sunday and I was all about sleeping late till Michelle woke me up. After getting up I ended up over the Widow Beck’s house to see how her new deck was lookin. We walked next door and my sister showed me all the new tools she’s been buying to work on the houses with. We did talk about my father for a while, as in what to do with his ashes again. This talk comes up every few months, this time we all agreed that it’d be cool to check with Tom the deck guy to see if he had any more concrete to pour for the deck. Cause if he does that’s where the old man’s going, down in the hole with the concrete. That way he can hang out in front of both the houses and all that. I found out that Tom the deck guy did large time in our penal system some years ago for whacking some cat out. So if you were to think about it, here’s a cat who did time for murder, building a deck for the widow of a police detective, who’s gonna ask him if he’d mind dropping the old man’s ashes into a hole under her new deck. Somewhere the old man’s going “Goddammit! If I had a body, why I ought’a”.
Peace

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home