small brush shouldn't fuck with big timber

Death's Door, the view from the Spanish announcers table: <strong>What's your house whiskey?</strong>

Monday, November 17

What's your house whiskey?

I can’t think of much to talk about today, I talked to Cassie on Sunday for a while. Her and baby Max are doing fine, he weighed just a tad over eight pounds and popped out sporting a head full of black hair. I guess her labor lasted two whole days if I heard her right. Damn, going thru the birth of a baby would make me crazier then a muthafucker, and I wouldn’t even be the one havin it. And to tell you the truth? I know I’d pass out if I had to be in the delivery room during childbirth. I can’t even deal with it on the fuckin Animal Channel, much less stand there whilst someone I love grunts a kid out of a space that just months before I had trouble squeezing two of my finger’s into. And then there’s the “would I be a good father thing” to deal with. I think I’d be a good father, most definitely the Dad to take to show and tell. And if my cat was any indicator, I’d spoil the fuck out’a em. Uh, not that a cat is a kid, but on the, I spoiled my cat to death kind of thing. For example before I went out for the night I’d spend fifteen minutes in front of the TV lookin for the right program to leave on for my cat. Hell, I couldn’t just let the little four fingered bastard watch anything while I was gone, now could I?
Saturday night I hooked up with Mito and we went down to Bender’s to hear some local music. This was only the second time for me in Bender’s since my pal Rob brought it, and I was very impressed with the way it looked, nothing fancy or overblown but a very serviceable rock bar. After yakking up Rob for a short spell, Mito and me grabbed a booth and sat back to enjoy the show. “Plant” was the first band to kick off things and they had this metalish kind of vibe going on. I wasn’t that impressed with em plus they looked like they weren’t having any fun so I wasn’t havin fun listening to em. And when I say not havin fun I mean that they were so fuckin serious up on stage. I swore the bass player looked like he was being graded on some test.
Drink score: two Old Crows and Cokes plus one Vodka Press and two Orange Crush shots.

Second band was “Emma Feel”, and I was really impressed with these guys, Mito told me they play at the Hurricane from time to time. They had a nice old school punk sound and had this nice funk overtone thingie going on. By now we were running into people that we knew cause drinks were starting to appear out of thin air.
Drink score: five Old Crows, two Vodka Press’s, and two Jim Beam shots.

Third band up was “Honeywagen”, and I think that’s the way they spelled it, most likely to distance themselves from all the other bands that call themselves Honey Wagon. But they shouldn’t have anything to sweat over cause they just tore shit up. Not bad for a crew of cat’s with a little gray hair going on. I wish I could’a gotten some of their names cause I know I would’a known a few from back in the day.
Drink score: six Old Crow and Cokes, four shots of Jim Beam, six Orange Crush shots and three Vodka Presses.

Last band up were the Brother’s Grover. They drew the short set and only had a half hour to do their thing. What can I say? Fancy shirts, screaming rock chick, Yoo Hoo juggling live on stage, Latex Glove open hand, screaming metal, and only on the stage of Bender’s can you see Bicycle Horn Piece # 12 w/dance. What a fine evening I had.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home