small brush shouldn't fuck with big timber

Death's Door, the view from the Spanish announcers table: <strong>TV tuneage</strong>

Tuesday, January 20

TV tuneage

I was watching the TV the other day and I realized with absolute certainty that I don’t understand the John Henson thing. What makes people think that this muthafucker’s so funny is so far beyond me that I can’t even see it. I don’t like the way he looks, I don’t like the way he talks, the way he sounds, I can’t think of a thing about this muthafucker that I can like. I was discussing this with Michelle and she mentioned that she likes him, and that he was funny on Talk Soup. She also informed me that people call him Skunk Boy because of the white patch in his hair. Like John Stewart I said? “Why, do people call John Stewart Skunk Boy”? Well he has the same white patch in his hair too”, so I would assume that they might call him that also”. “Are you sure it’s not just a patch of gray”? “Yes I’m quite sure it’s not a patch of gray”. “Hmmm, well, I’ve never seen it”. If Michelle wasn’t so cute I swear she’d get shoved into a closet. I also watched this new show on VH-1 where they go back and find the member of a defunct band and get em to reform for one show. I can’t remember the name of the show but it came off as real cool, except for the host who irritated the fuck out’a me. The band they went after was Berlin, who had that huge hit “Metro”, along with that really crappy song from Top Gun. The band had split up almost eighteen years ago and from what I gather it was pretty nasty. It was real cool seeing all the band members in their current state of affairs. Yeah, they were all my age. But after some serious convincing VH-1 talked em into regrouping for the one night. They had some serious ring rust to knock off but they did it and I thought they sounded great, for not playing together in almost two decades and having only a few days to pull it together.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home