small brush shouldn't fuck with big timber

Death's Door, the view from the Spanish announcers table: <strong>Don't attempt the sula-ki or nadu positions unless under the proper supervision</strong>

Friday, May 14

Don't attempt the sula-ki or nadu positions unless under the proper supervision


As a young sprat growing up I was influenced greatly by the things around me that made up my world. Everything from my parents and family to books I read and shit I watched on TV. I was very fortunate to have parents that not only gleefully encouraged me to pursue my curiosities but also in a manner that made me think all the time. In short, I was a geek, but a geek with unusual skills. My father being the man that he was, encouraged and supported my learning the skills he familiar with. From giving me knives to play with as a young boy to letting me build weapons in the garage, he supported me in all I tried. I remember one day after reading about medieval warfare I went to the garage and built a small hand held catapult capable of flinging an object strong enough to knock the bark off a tree. Fortunate for all involved, we lived in an area surround by this huge park, so I could kill all the trees I wanted. But if I saw it, I’d damn sure try to replicate it, and all he asked was that I not point it at the house or cars. But lucky for me my father also knew the value of a good book, and he would also turn my energy toward that direction. I doubt if my mother ever knew, but my very first Playboy came by way of my father, along with other pieces of very interesting reading. Louis Lamour and his great westerns, Robert E Howard and his dark hero Conan, Edgar Rice Burroughs and Tarzan, plus all the great science fiction writers, Robert Heinlein, Douglas Adams, Piers Anthony, Poul Anderson, and Isaac Asimov. I read about Mack Bolan the Executioner, Remo Williams the Destroyer, the Horse Clans series, and John Norman’s Tarnmen of Gor series. I read all the great mythologies, Greek, Roman, Norse, and just to keep things on the family tip, I also read the entire Encyclopedia Britannica from front to back. All this to one degree or another has influenced me. I guess what got me started on about all this is the fact that on my Blog I’ve noticed that since I started it, I’ve written over six hundred fifty entry’s, over two hundred thousand words, and achieved over twenty thousand hits. Not bad for what started out as rambling e-mails to a small group of friends. Did I mention rambling?
"and the monkey flipped the switch"




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home