small brush shouldn't fuck with big timber

Death's Door, the view from the Spanish announcers table: <strong>Milton's Tap Room </strong>

Saturday, June 19

Milton's Tap Room



Milton Morris was a Kansas City fixture for many many years and owned Milton's Tap Room at 32nd Main. I'd drop in there every so often back in the day, but I wasn't enough of a purist to get the vibe. He had this old turntable behind the bar where he played this huge collection of jazz records. The club was dark, held maybe fifty or sixty people and was where all the hip jazz cats hung out. It has the distinction of being the only bar in Kansas City (that I can remember) where I was told to get the fuck out. Something to with the drunken stripper I was with not being able to keep her fuckin hands off the band and her tits off the floor. This photo has been hanging on my wall for many years. The small guy with the cigar and glasses is Milton; the buck nekked chick was a friend of mine from back in the day. The picture is from a calendar called "Crazy little women of Kansas City", done sometimes back in the early eighties. I think that's the right title but I might be wrong.
"and the monkey flipped the switch"


3 Comments:

Blogger Brent said...

Damn...nice tits!

9:30 PM  
Blogger Rusty said...

Damn, hearing about place like that makes me wish I had been born way sooner so I could've checked out place like that.....Or at least been born soon enough I could've hung out at the Lone Star and the Fool Killer

12:05 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

DOES ANYONE HAVE ACCESS TO THIS PHOTO!!!! I AM WILLING TO BUY IT OR BORROW IT
PLEASE NEED HELP FINDING IT!!!!
KAREN BALDWIN

10:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home