small brush shouldn't fuck with big timber

Death's Door, the view from the Spanish announcers table: <strong>a rare deep thought</strong>

Monday, June 7

a rare deep thought


I’m not sure what some of us were expecting, but with the printing of the article in the KC Star, a few of us were maybe expecting an increase in traffic due to all the millions and millions of curiosity seekers flocking to see what we were all about. But alas, shit just didn’t roll that way. And don’t take me the wrong way, it’s not like I’m a traffic whore or shit like that, I just figured muthafucker’s would want to take a look at what all the hoopla was all about. I was over at “Tony’s Kansas City” hanging out (which is a very cool blogsite by the way. I almost feel like wiping my feet every time I drop in, it’s so nice) and read where he felt that the article misrepresented what blogging is all about. According to Tony, blogging was referred to more or less as a hobbyist’s pastime, and he disagreed with that. I can’t recall what Tony said verbatim, and if you want a blow by blow you can hit his link on the right. But he said that blogging is more than a hobby or a pastime, it’s an open forum for communication and I would have to agree with that. In fact with all props to Tony, I’ll take it a tad farther. In a world of repressed communication, religious oversight carried out by those that have no fuckin business doing so. In a society where everything is two party and the lines between good and evil are more and more blurred. In a society where freedom of speech is more and more dictated by how much money you make, or whom you support, blogging has turned into one of the last few freedoms available to the stinkin masses. In the Star article there were a couple of folks who had blogs who most likely would never read or enjoy my blog. And if I were a guessing man, I imagine it would most likely be due to my excessive abuse of the English language and earthy content and shit. But you know what? That’s fuckin ok, cause that’s their prerogative as it is mine to write the way I “feel” fit and the way I “see” fit. But if I were a guessing man, I would guess that the one thing we have in common is that “we” all write for ourselves. Blogging gives us the freedom to share our thoughts, wither ranging from the mundane and ridiculous, to the heights of political correctness. We can aspire to be the next Walter Cronkite in what we write about or we can gleefully describe what the baby had for dinner and how we all had a laugh when puppy ran up and ate baby’s carrots. And you know the big fuckin secret? There ain’t none, except that because it’s our respective blogs, we all have the freedom to write about what ever floats out respective fuckin boats. And nobodies there to give us shit or grief, which brings me to the main comment I’ve been hearing all day, “what makes so many people want to read the mundane day-to-day crap of other plain ordinary people”? Not that “cough” I’m “cough” fuckin ordinary, but no matter if we know it or not, we as people are always striving for knowledge. Whither it be from higher schooling or from gossip over the back fence, we wanna know the hows, whys, and what fors. It doesn’t matter if it’s learning how to calculate how much bob weighed as his body reached maximum speed falling off the cliff, to what bob had for dinner last week and how much oregano he used. And people are also very sociable animals. Even if we don’t want to admit it, we desire human interaction and the knowing of what the hell other humans are doing. I know when I first got on the web and started visiting websites, it wasn’t always the website content that kept me coming back. It was reading the personal shit and opinions that person had to say. It made me feel after a while that I was listening to someone I knew. Abet a safe someone I knew, one that wouldn’t wake me in the middle of the night needing to get bailed out of jail, or one that would fuck my girlfriend behind my back. But someone I knew nevertheless, so I kept coming back to enjoy their thoughts and shit of that ilk. But mainly as far as I’m concerned, blogging is the greatest way of clearing my head of all the bullshit it builds up inside. Instead of screaming and poking my fist through a wall, I write about what I’m feeling. I can post about my day or what I saw that interested me. I can blog about what I think and feel about shit in the news and have other people across the world read what I think and if they have a problem with what I said or agree, they can comment and let me know. The great communicator isn’t dead the great communicator is blogging.
"and the monkey flipped the switch"

4 Comments:

Blogger Rusty said...

I'm suprised at how many people actually read these things!!!! I know for me, not having my site for too long, and just rambling about everyday BS I get quite a few hits in one day......Pretty cool when you think about it, that people would want to go out of their way while on the net to read and comment on what we have to say.......

4:56 PM  
Blogger Satyavati devi dasi said...

I really think you've nailed what it's all about. I feel like I know you, and I even find myself reading or hearing things and wondering what kind of "earthy" comment you'd have about them. So in the end I think that's what it's all about-opening up doors that nobody really has the power to shut.

5:10 PM  
Blogger Brent said...

Greg, no matter how you say it, you reflect every one of us. You say it like it needs to be said. You cut to the bone and tell it like it is. I wish I could write half as well as you do.

9:46 PM  
Blogger Greg Beck said...

you all flatter me too much, cause we all write as well as each other because we all write what makes us happy. Fuck the naysayers!

9:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home