small brush shouldn't fuck with big timber

Death's Door, the view from the Spanish announcers table: the hell?

Friday, July 16

the hell?

Old saying of the week;

“Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely”


For as many years as I can remember I’ve been a big believer in this, cause what it implies is that people in power are often corrupt, and the more power they have the more corrupt they are. But I’m also a firm believer in that nobody starts out corrupt. Well unless you’re a gigantic asshole and getting into power just to be an asshole and fuck over people is your life’s ambition, which makes you a different breed. That kind of shit puts you into the tyrannical ruler category. But for right now that’s not what I’m talking about. I’m talking about the person that starts out with the right idea and whatever it is; the idea grows and builds up momentum. Suddenly you got people listening to you instead of treating you like a fuckin pauper and understandably so, you start diggin on it. And as time marches on, your status rises and rises and by now you’re starting to think your shit doesn’t stink. Instead of crapping chunky corn, you’re crapping out fresh fragrant roses out’a your asshole. People all over now notice you and hang on every word that comes out of your mouth. You look at all this and begin to believe your own hype because there’s nobody around anymore to keep you grounded. Because everyone around you has turned into a yessum boss, suit wearing monkey who for fear of not getting to sit at the grown folks table will never tell you what you need to hear. So again and understandably so, you think you’re fuckin Mr. Midis Touch, and everything you say and do turns into gold. And you gots the big house up on the hill filled with people of a different color to keep it fresh and clean. Now maybe and that’s a very slim maybe, you might be one of those muthafucker’s that never forget where you come from. Either thru friends or family or whatever, you stay grounded and you have more then a passing familiarity with what your shit is supposed to smell like. You realize how hard the climb up was, but you also know how easy it is to trip and fall your busted ass back to the bottom.
“Goddammit! I’ve fuckin lost track of what I started this shit about. Fuck, I hate when that happens. Was it about Bush? The Perverted Justice website? Fuck me runnin, I just can’t remember. Sorry, never mind”.       
"and the monkey flipped the switch"

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm guessing this was a post in relation to Martha Stewart getting 5 months. Once you know her story, it's hard not to at least admire her working class roots no matter how you feel about her now.

Awesome post anyway.

Peace,

Tony

www.tonyskansascity.com

8:03 PM  
Blogger Sapphire Raven said...

That's not the only thing he forgot. Lets see I wonder if he remembers running down broadway butt naked screaming give me your titties! I want to see them and squeese them and caress them with body oils. Oh wait that was me. Never mind. Oohhh! dam now I don't remember.

Well at least he's happy now that he has his coffe again.

11:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home