small brush shouldn't fuck with big timber

Death's Door, the view from the Spanish announcers table: <strong>hot</strong>

Wednesday, July 14

hot


Yesterday morning when I walked out the door to go to work I knew it was gonna be hot as a muthafucker that day. And armed with that knowledge I stood in my parking lot staring at my old truck and my car. Hmmm, it’s gonna be hot but I really wanted to drive my truck even though it has no air, compared to the car which does. But since the truck was closer to the door by three feet, I hopped in it. But see, I knew it was gonna be a hot day, and I left my house and hopped in my old truck fully knowing that when I got in to drive home that evening it was going to be hot as a bitch. I knew that. So a muthafucker would think that everybody would know that. But whilst running errands on the way home I noticed that the heat caught more then one person by surprise. I had to stop by the grocery store and as I was sitting in the parking lot admiring all the women walking back and forth. Oh yeah, the best-looking women in the world shop at the SunFresh store in Westport. If it wasn’t for the fact that I’d start to feel like a stalker, I could sit there for hours watching em go back and forth, back and forth. But anyway besides staring at all the women I couldn’t help but notice the people that were cool with the heat. Even though some of em were sweating, they actually looked happy. But the others who apparently were caught off guard were walking around looking all pissed off and shit, swiping at their sweaty faces as if they found the heat offensive. Then when I stopped at Quiktrip to pick up a few things….I know I should’a brought the shit at SunFresh cause it’s cheaper but shit happens…… and when I walked in the patience level of folks waiting at the counter was like nonexistent.
“Goddammit! I’m in here every day so why do I have to show my damn ID every time I wanna buy cigarettes?”
Then there were the two old ladies waiting at the counter when some jerk asshole screams out that he was next and to wait on him. Just a bunch of rude ass jerky people who were all impatient and shit because of the heat. But I just hung back cause I knew that as soon as I got home I’d get to take a nice shower then do the buck nekked fat man dance in front of my air conditioner. Yeah baby, it’s all about the small things.
"and the monkey flipped the switch"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home