small brush shouldn't fuck with big timber

Death's Door, the view from the Spanish announcers table: <strong>I'm a dick?</strong>

Thursday, July 1

I'm a dick?


choad
/chohd/ n. Synonym for `penis' used in alt.tasteless and
popularized by the denizens thereof. They say: "We think maybe it's
from Middle English but we're all too damned lazy to check the OED."
[I'm not. It isn't. --ESR] This term is alleged to have been
inherited through 1960s underground comics, and to have been
sighted in the Beavis and Butthead cartoons. Speakers of
the Hindi, Bengali and Gujarati languages have confirmed that
`choad' is in fact an Indian vernacular word equivalent to `fuck';
it is therefore likely to have entered English slang via the British
Raj.


I was called the above by a local blogger who has issues with me, so I thought I’d throw it up so that folks would know what it meant and shit. I know that I’ve used the word in the past and maybe some of you might’a been unsure as to its meaning and origin. Not that any of you really give a runny fuck. But you know.

At the weekly Boardroom last night at the Cane the talk turned to Bush and the Army’s decision to recall (forced draft) thousands of former solder’s to active duty. A recall (forced draft) that not a voluntary action, but the Army forcing solder’s that have put their time in with honor and have returned home to restart their lives to jump back into the thick. Former soldiers who have retuned to society to start business, or go to school or to start families, only to be to told to get back in line and dress right. All this because due to the long campaigns in Iraq and Afghanistan our Army is strained to the limit and shit had to be done. I can’t help but think that if this were big business, someone would be getting his or her ass fired for mismanagement. But this is what happens when politicos decide they can run the fuckin military better then the fuckin military. Oh, and if you don’t see this as a precursor to the stinkin draft getting reinstated, then you better learn to like the smell of shit, cause your head is shoved up your ass. And as far as Bush is concerned, I think he might have fucked the pooch when he signed off on this one. The Army is gonna recall (forced draft) almost six thousand soldiers in July and they say there’s plans to recall (forced draft) more. So out of that amount you gots to figure there at least a few thousand that hate Bush’s ass for breaking up their lives. Now take those few thousand and add wives and parents, brothers and sisters, relatives and neighbors. And after a while you gots a shitload of muthafucker’s pissed at the Bush administration who don’t really give a good goddamn if he gets reelected or not, because they’re madder then hell that Johnny was forced back into uniform. Food for thought, huh?

"and the monkey flipped the switch"

6 Comments:

Blogger Rusty said...

A quote from Henry Rollins to deal with the "choad" situation:

"If I took the time to bleed from all the tiny arrows shot my way I wouldn't be here."

Keep fighting the good fight, Greg.

12:04 PM  
Blogger SmedRock said...

Let me clear this up. It does not matter how long you sign up for. Every soldier that signs owes 8 years. So if you signed for 3, you still owe 5 on the individual read reserve (IRR). It is in the contract you sign, and you are reminded again as you leave. we did the same thing during the first Gulf War. This is not a draft, nor is it a fore-runner to an upcoming draft. I know this, because I was recalled during the first one. if you have a specialty that is needed, then you are called. These soldiers understand this, and nobody twisted thier arm to say the oath when they enlisted.

Just my 2 cents. Not chewing ass, just hate to see people put out information on something they obviously no nothing about.

Any questions feel free to ask (I served 9.5 years). So I am safe for now. LOL

12:57 PM  
Blogger Greg Beck said...

I fully understand what you're saying, and knew about the clause, but after getting an earfull from a couple of parents of just released servicemen I was caught up in the moment. Plus you have to agree it's still a bum deal to get discharged and get that great job or go to school only to have to step away from all that to go back in. And thank you for not calling me a choad.

1:06 PM  
Blogger SmedRock said...

No problem, and yes it sucks the big green one. I didn;t like it then either, but it was that or get tried for possibly being a deserter, and whell I likes the bearded clam too much to give it up for prison.
:)

1:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Urgh. I agree that recalling the troops is not a good sign or a good thing.

Additionally, I always thought a choad was the area beteen the scrotum and the anus. There are some varying accounts of the term at urban dictionary:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=choad&r=f

Anyway, I also think that most of your posts are damn funny and very insightful.

5:01 PM  
Blogger Greg Beck said...

thank you, and thank you for not calling me a choad. but isn't that area normally called the "taint"?

6:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home