small brush shouldn't fuck with big timber

Death's Door, the view from the Spanish announcers table: <strong>brains of shit</strong>

Sunday, August 1

brains of shit


I’m sitting at the Hurricane minding my own shit when I get the feeling that someone’s staring at me. I glace over to my left and there’s this cat sitting a few stools down sucking on his beer. “Dammit, not another one”. It was one of those lonely boys. You know the type, always from somewhere else and starved for someone to talk too. So even though I kept my attention focused elsewhere, I could still see him out of the corner of my eye staring my way. Suddenly there he is on the stool next to me offering to buy me a drink. I decline and put on my best “I don’t really want to be friendly face”, but lonely boys oblivious to my subtle hints. And of course he hit me with the standard wanting to get to know me question. “What do you do for a living”? After thinking it over I decided to give him the long version.
Me: “I work for the Federal Emergency Management Agency, Department Of Homeland Security”. “
Lonely boy: “You some kind of nark”?
Me: “Whatever”.
Lonely boy: “You’re into secret nark spy shit aren’t you”?
Me: “Whatever”.

And for the next few minutes I sat drinking my drink and watching as lonely boy tried to tell anyone that would listen that I worked for something called national security and was a nark. What a dumbass. Telling nosey talkie muthafuckers the long version of what I do always has the desired effect. Confuses em and sends em away.
"and the monkey flipped the switch"

3 Comments:

Blogger G. Cornelius said...

I thought I was the only one that had that type of shit happen to the...I'll keep you posted

1:46 PM  
Blogger Sapphire Raven said...

Oh No! It can't be greg's a nark. Aawwwwwww! Now I will have to hide my jelly beans again. "runs and hides his secret stash of jelly bellies" Weeeph! that was close now no one will find them hidden in between the strawberries and whip cream in the back of my ice box.. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA...Evermore

9:06 PM  
Blogger SmedRock said...

Ignorance can be fixed, stupidity can't. People never cease too amaze me. LOL When I was working the Georgia Department of Corrections, I used to hear shit like that every day. FEMA must keep you busy. Keep up the good work.

10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home