small brush shouldn't fuck with big timber

Death's Door, the view from the Spanish announcers table: <strong>farewell Falwell, see you in hell</strong>

Thursday, September 9

farewell Falwell, see you in hell

With the third anniversary of 9/11 coming up in a few days, I thought instead of my usual diatribes that for the next few days I'd post my original thoughts from the days surrounding the attack on America. Some are serious, some are not, but I think they make for a good read.
I’m gonna turn into a hate mongering bastard for a few, so bear with me and watch the bouncing ball closely. I heard a rumor over the weekend that I had trouble believing. I guess I really didn’t want to deal with it right then cause of all the other shit going on around me. I had friends crying cause they’re scared of what’s going on around them and they don’t know if to keep on living their lives or shut themselves in a closet and never come out again. I had friends angry with rage and frustration and doing bodily harm to themselves and frightening their loved ones because they don’t know what to do. And I’m angry at myself because I don’t know what to tell em to make the badness go away. But I do know what to tell The Rev. Jerry Falwell. You sir, can suck my cock! Who gives you the right to speak in such a manner? You went on the 700 Club with your signifying ass and spewed this hateful diatribe out!
“I really believe that the pagans, and the abortionists, and the feminists, and the gays and the lesbians who are actively trying to make that an alternative lifestyle, the ACLU, People for the American Way, all of them who have tried to secularize America. I point the finger in their face and say, “You helped this happen, you’re part of the reason to blame for what happened September 11.”
As if that wasn’t enough you had spit this little pearl of wisdom out also.
“Because of the groups named above, God allowed “the enemies of America to give us probably what we deserve.”
Well Jerry, you sure stuck your foot in it this time. I hope you’re happy. You just defined a new breed of asshole. Yourself! You and your ilk are living proof that the enemy is truly within. God doesn’t know you, and you have no right speaking in his name. Shame on you Jerry Falwell. I hope that years from now when your body is riddled with cancer and your god is denying you a swift death, that you can retain enough awareness to reflect on how much of an asshole you are.

"and the monkey flipped the switch"

4 Comments:

Blogger Satyavati devi dasi said...

I'm home.. we are dry here because we've got the river and the Atlantic taking care of drainage, but I hear things are kinda rough elsewhere. Apart from my rheumatiz with all the rain, everything's fine.
Didja miss me whilst I was gone?

5:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sure I did.

6:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Greg --

Guess who's coming to town on Sept 22? Yep:

http://www.ffc.org/FrontPage.php

Tony O.

8:46 AM  
Blogger Greg Beck said...

yeah, Tony I saw that shit. Think I ought'a go?

9:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home