small brush shouldn't fuck with big timber

Death's Door, the view from the Spanish announcers table: <strong>September 11, 2001</strong>

Friday, September 10

September 11, 2001

This will be the last thing old post I put up about 9/11. I remember writing this short blurb sometime that afternoon when I had a few minutes alone.

At a time like this nothing seems to matter. At 8:42 AM this morning Hell visited New York City. The twin towers of the World Trade Center were wiped from the New York landscape forever. America was on guard for almost every type of terrorism, but no one expected hijacked airliners to be the weapon of choice. I keep expecting Will Smith or Bruce Willis to jump up and save the day and end the movie, then I’d finish my popcorn and go home. But instead I’m sittin in an evacuated office building pullin extra duty as we’re put on 24/7 alert. I have no thoughts about what I feel, but I would guess I feel mostly sad for all the dead and injured around the country. Those who want war are idiots and those who attack the innocent, whatever the cause, are fools and murderers. I don’t feel any anger yet, but I know I will. But for now sadness is in my heart. Everything from now on is changed and will never be the same. PEACE
"and the monkey flipped the switch"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home