small brush shouldn't fuck with big timber

Death's Door, the view from the Spanish announcers table: <strong>easy day</strong>

Sunday, October 10

easy day


Just a few quick things before the week starts, I’ll most likely be out of touch for the next couple of days. Monday and Tuesday I’m taking the motorcycle rider safety course which covers both days. This is something I’m really looking forward too and wish me luck that I pass. Saturday I went and found myself some new boots that I needed for the course and was lucky to find some more Magnums on sale. Magnums are boots designed for law enforcement types and are pretty much the only type of boot I’ve worn for the last ten years or so. Talk about some comfortable muthafuckers, and they look good too. I had to buy some gloves for the course but of all the pairs I tried the only ones that fit me right were these motocross gloves. They’re these Darth Vader looking things that have protective reinforcing plastic strips on the outside. All the other riding gloves were either too bulky or the fingers were too long. Damn these crazy mongoloid hands of mine. On my way home from shopping I suddenly pulled a u-turn cause I had just passed a Long John Silvers restaurant. Not withstanding the fact that I just saw a special on the Food Network about em, but I’d never eaten at one. So here was my opportunity to try one out. Well, after shit was all said and done this is another muthafucker to take off my list of culinary delights. The fish wasn’t too bad once you got past the three inches of batter, and the shrimp was just a joke. I had the odd feeling that my next shit was gonna hurt if you get my drift. Today I went over and hug out with my mother for a few hours. We sat out on her deck for a couple of hours just hanging back and digging the scene. Across the street was one of the local Black horse riding clubs getting all set up for a ride thru the park. My mother commented on how quit the horses were. I said I imagine being owned by Black folk kind’a made you all laid back and shit. Not like they were trying to cross the fuckin Pecos and a muthafucker had to worry about getting all wet and riled up and shit. My mother agreed and we just continued to sit there and watch. Across the park the UniverSoul Circus had their big-top all set up and getting ready to do their thing. Billed as the country's first and only African-American owned and operated circus, this is I think their eleventh year together. So it was real cool sitting there with her watching the horses and the sounds of the circus and the Kansas City Zoo just down the street.
"and the monkey flipped the switch"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home