small brush shouldn't fuck with big timber

Death's Door, the view from the Spanish announcers table: <strong>goodby old friend</strong>

Tuesday, October 5

goodby old friend


I came just a c-hair away from calling a female friend a stupid fuckin dumbass backwoods cocksuckin bitch the other day. But I caught myself in time and told her instead to take care and call me when she could. I’ve known this chick for fifteen years or more and we’ve been pretty close in the past. She’s been married three times I think? And I’ve remained her friend thru every fuckin stupid asshole redneck shit-talkin abusive husband she’s had. You’d think that a woman who’s highly intelligent with great looks and four kids would be above getting tangled up in these kinds of relationships huh? Huh? But hell no, stupid little bitch seems to know nothing else but those types of men. And yeah, I’m fuckin pissed and angry and hurt and scared and everything fuckin else you can think of. Because I don’t think I’ll ever see her alive again and that’s making me lose sleep. She met husband number three a few years ago and after getting married she packed up everything and moved with him clear to the coast and shit. I bet it was six months before I heard from her again. Then she started callin me because every so often her husband would get drunk and bounce her off the walls of the house. So instead of getting the fuck out she took the muthafucker to counseling, hoping that would help him get his shit together. Of course the tree- hugger shit didn’t work for fuck. She dropped off my radar for maybe six more months until I got a call from her that she had left him for good and was living back here in town. I told her to come see me cause I wanted to talk to her face to face. That’s when she opened up and told me the reason she left husband number three was because he almost killed her during a beating. Hmmm, so that’s what it takes to get out from under an abusive relationship huh? Have a juiced up muthafucker beat you so fuckin bad you can’t see in a stright line for a week. Nice huh? So I made all the right noises and told her that she was back on track. She had a place and all her kids moved in to help out and everything looked cool, then she stopped taking my phone calls. I got hold of her kids who told me that she was back on the coast with husband three. After weeks of trying she finally returned my calls. She told me she was giving it another chance. That she was in charge this time and he was either gonna do by her rules or she was out’a there. I took a deep breath and told her that I wasn’t gonna get in her shit cause I’m sure other’s had. But I had to tell her the truth.
“He’s gonna beat you again, and again, and again. And this time there’s not gonna be anybody around to pull him off. It’s not a matter of if; it’s a matter of when. And you’ll die. Those types never stop because it’s all they know. I just wanted you to hear this from me”
"and the monkey flipped the switch"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home