small brush shouldn't fuck with big timber

Death's Door, the view from the Spanish announcers table: <strong>rap & blues</strong>

Thursday, October 14

rap & blues


I watched the VH1 Hip-Hop Honors show both Tuesday and Wednesday nights. It was too cool seeing all the old faces I came up with still doing their thing. Like Public Enemy, who knocked everyone's collective dicks in the dirt when they shared the stage with Anthrax on “Bring the Noise”. But one cat that tore me up was the rapper Nas doing a duet with his father, jazz musician Olo Dara. Whilst his father did this old school blues thing John Lee Hooker style, Nas would come in at the break and rap thru it. Goddammit, that was the coolest shit I’ve heard in years and fuckin VH1 doesn’t even have a clip of it. So if the VH1 Hip-Hop Honor Awards Show comes on and you have a chance to see it, I so fuckin recommend it.
"and the monkey flipped the switch"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home