small brush shouldn't fuck with big timber

Death's Door, the view from the Spanish announcers table: <strong>ramblings </strong>

Monday, January 24

ramblings


image:www.resa.net
I found out that I didn’t have the flu like I first thought, I had something called “walking pneumonia” instead, is that a bad thing, I’m never sure about this kind of shit. But I guess I’m not quite over it yet, I went to bed Friday night and didn’t wake up until seven’ clock Saturday evening. I stayed up long enough to eat then went back to bed a couple of hours later. I was watching the TV Sunday evening and came upon a “Dateline” special on Johnny Carson, it was then I found out that he had passed. I actually felt bad cause I was raised on Johnny Carson and really enjoyed his brand of comedy. Plus back in the day his show was the gold standard, cause just doing his show meant you made it. And if Johnny stamped you with his seal of approval it opened up doors that might have been closed to you before. Seeing someone like Richard Pryor on the Tonight Show was the shit.

I’ve been watching with interest all the shit going on with Saturn’s moon Titan. Especially the fact that it’s a world all full of methane and other flammable shit. Titan’s been a staple of science fiction for years and one of my earliest science fiction memory’s is, and I hope I’m remembering this right. Is when Titian sends a spy to earth to scope us out and all that. After spending a few years on earth disguised as an earthman, he’s summoned back to Titian. He goes before the assembled leaders of the planet who’s planning this huge invasion of earth. Standing before the huge assembly he’s all kinds of nervous and shit. And whilst standing at the podium he reverts back to a habit he picked up on Earth to calm his nerves. He reaches into his pocket and shakes out a smoke and lights up. Of course with Titian being a flammable enviourment the atmosphere ignites and Titian is destroyed. End of story, end of invasion.

"and the monkey flipped the switch"

4 Comments:

Blogger Greg Beck said...

Thanks, I didn't realize how bad much it took out'a me till this weekend.

1:41 PM  
Blogger ssas said...

Take care Death!! That can go bad quick, so get your rest and all that. Ok, done bein' a mama now.

As for the Titan story - hilarious. Loved it. Nothing like science fiction irony.

2:51 PM  
Blogger Sivad said...

ooh, i hope that you feel better soon.
and that story about titan was hilarious

12:24 AM  
Blogger Sid said...

DD, rest up. the walking flu is what killed jim henson, and this country can't afford to lose two great entertainment minds to that shyat.

11:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home