small brush shouldn't fuck with big timber

Death's Door, the view from the Spanish announcers table: rude boy

Monday, June 6

rude boy


this picture has nothing to do with anything,
it just made me feel better about myself


For a lot of years I’ve worked hard to be polite to people, almost to the point of being annoying. If you’re female it doesn’t really matter the age, you get a yes ma’am or no ma’am and if you’re a guy it comes out pretty much the same. I open doors for women along with the elderly and all that good shit that make me feel like a normal human being plus I actually enjoy it.

Now I’ll be the first to admit; the politeness thing is sometimes tempered with me being a bit of an asshole. Cause like in the ole West, the only time you called a cat “Mr.” was when you didn’t respect him. But those people usually knew long before that, that I didn’t give a shit. As of late working here in a large office building like I do I feel myself being taken to task for the simple task of being polite.

Take the fuckin elevators for example. When I’m waiting on one and it comes, if there’s women around I always let them on first and the same for when they get off. Or if I see anyone running for the elevator, I’ll hold the muthafucker for whoever it is. But I think that’s all coming to a fuckin screeching halt. I can’t count the times that an elevator has opened up and I step back to let some chick on and all I get is a dumb look as if I’m the one confused. Or I hold the muthafucker for some cocksucker and all the thanks I get is no eye contact and mute silence.

Well fuck that shit, I’m not fuckin doing it anymore and call me all the rude bastards you want, but fuck these people. And I don’t want to any shit from anybody about; “well Greg, you are kind’a intimidating”. That hasn’t got shit to do with shit. I’m sorry if some milktoast muthafucker is put off by my appearance. That’s their fuckin fault and fuck em running for being pussies. If you can’t understand or recognize politeness when it’s in front of you, fuck you for being the rude bitches you are. And to those of you who hold politeness in high regard I thank you. But the actions of a few tend to make me lump all rude assholes together.

That’s what’s wrong with shit these days, muthafucker’s think it’s all about them and they don’t need to acknowledge the other person. When I walk down the street or the fuckin hallway and decide to take the time out of my day to nod or give a greeting and you refuse to reciprocate? You can fuckin suck me off. And for you silly meat puppets that refuse to give up space on the sidewalk or lobby and I have to walk around you? See how you feel about personal space after being shouldered by someone six-three and in the four hundred plus range. I thinking your ass will move next time. Bitches!

"and the monkey flipped the switch"

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And, sir, this is probably the coolest thing I've read all day.

Sort of reminds me of that post on MargaretCho.net ... let me link it... Here, about being a courteous human being, but not being nice.

I rather like being courteous but as big a bitch as I can be when I need to be. But just because I'm angry, doesn't mean that I need to act like an ill-mannered pig. Unless provoked. Office life does that to you. You lose your sanity.

3:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

u know u just cant turn into mr. asswipe overnite. your momma and grandmomma taught u better. just from now on when they ignore u, face their direction and say 'you're welcome' really loud.
...so says the sister

6:36 PM  
Blogger Arathorn said...

Greg, You know your not gonna change........it is just the way you are. I agree that some peeps just don`t deserve to be treated like a human,but, if you don`t you would feel bad about it. Maybe someday someone will realize that they were rude to you and apolagize or somehow make it right.When I was younger and I was rude I got the taste slapped out of my mouth so i learned to be appreciative of peoples kindnesses and to be a kind person myself. I sometimes get looks from others when i try to hold the elevator or open a door for a woman and sometimes i get paid really big with a smile cause i helped someone out..............kinda like a lottery that you win most times :)

4:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice picture Greg. It makes me feel better too. As for being a nice guy, don't stop just because there are assholes in the world, just give the assholes what they give you. If you hold the elevator and then get ignored cut a got-damn huge fart in the elevator. If a bitch looks at you like you're crazy for holding the door or letting her go first, shit a got-damn load right next to her. There is nothing worse than a huge fart from a big man. Believe me. I am 6'6" and 325 lbs. When I fart everybody knows it. I let the assholes have it all the time. It really lightens my mood and it gets rid of the assholes. Give it a try and see what you think.

7:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home