small brush shouldn't fuck with big timber

Death's Door, the view from the Spanish announcers table: good luck

Tuesday, August 23

good luck


Tony Ortega the managing editor of the Kansas City Pitch magazine is leaving his position here for a more lucrative position as editor of the Pitch’s sister publication in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. In his short time here he has in my humble opinion made the Pitch a more interesting read. His style has pissed off some of the local hipsters but that’s what made his shit cool to read because somebody had to beard these muthafuckers in their own den and he did it with glee.

I’ve always thought of Tony as one of the few people who truly “got it” and thusly understood the age old adage “fuck em if they can’t take a joke”. Unlike myself who was all about “fuck em”. But the thing about Tony that rocks the most is that he dug the blogging community. Where most publications were Johnny comes lately and shit about blogging, he was into what we did from the beginning. He wrote about us, he featured us in a weekly column, and he was a factor in my (that’s me) being chosen as “best blogger of 2004”, the in Pitch’s “Best of Kansas City”.

So I wish Tony and his too hot to look it in the direct light of day wife all the luck in their move to Florida. The local bloggers there are gonna fuckin love this guy and fuck em for having him when we don’t anymore. But we don’t mind sharing because that’s the cool thing about the Internet. Even though you may be physically removed, you’re never really gone. Good luck Tony.

"and the monkey flipped the switch"

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My too-hot-to-look-at wife will be too embarrassed to thank you for that description, Greg. But I'm not shy -- thanks for writing the most outrageous blog in town.

Tony O

1:46 PM  
Blogger Rusty said...

Good luck East Tony, you will be missed. And if the Pitch's quality stats to lag with you gone, I'm gonna beg you to come back to KC.

3:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting about the Pitch guy. I've copped a couple articles for my blog. Wife's pretty hot, huh? And although I don't tailgate, and I'm not necessarily an agressive driver - if I can get around you (and I'll wait my turn), I'm gone. Zip! I love to drive fast - it gives me a hard on. I do, because I can. Ta!

7:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home