small brush shouldn't fuck with big timber

Death's Door, the view from the Spanish announcers table: my weekend in two hundred words or less

Sunday, August 7

my weekend in two hundred words or less


Went home Friday after work with the intention of watching the Sci-Fi Channel. Got a call from the Hurricane that I was needed there, when I arrived I found a young couple waiting to see me. I found out they wanted me to marry them but I told em I had to think it over. Don’t really know em and marrying someone’s a heavy thing not to be taken lightly.

Later that night I read the Hurricane’s new dress code that was being posted all over the bar. The muthafucker might as well say “all blacks keep out”. It’s that fucked up. I know where they’re coming from and that they want to keep the shit down, but it’s still fucked up.

I felt so disgusted that I split to my pal Steve Tulipana’s new bar, Malloy Bros, soon to be the Record Bar. Hung out with his wife and some of her friends and chatted up Steve for a while. It felt real good seeing one of my good friends doing it for himself. Saturday I never woke up. Sunday I did wake up and went to the Broadway Café for a few iced coffees.

"and the monkey flipped the switch"

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

u actually did it under 200 words! i counted....
-- again, the sister

12:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way less than two hundred sis. Oh what's the big deal. I only saw maybe three at the most. Hey did I just hear the smallest violin in the world play to the tune of godzilla walking away from a battle!......Hey I'm only fucking with you....It kinda made me wonder a bit. Dress code! Wait! what!....No way that's like going naked. I don't think so that's like takeing away your freedom of expression. I hear you but when it come's down to it all it's ok. But it still sucks. Well I think I will do the same thing and do what yoda would do.....shut the fuck up.

The Raven

10:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home