small brush shouldn't fuck with big timber

Death's Door, the view from the Spanish announcers table: no title needed

Wednesday, October 26

no title needed



It took a phone call to put Hurricane Wilma and Florida in its proper perspective, or maybe I should say my proper perspective. The phone call came from an old friend who lives in Miami. She called me here at work yesterday and as soon as I picked up the phone she said; “what are doing for me”? I replied; “not a goddamned thing”. Then I asked how her and her husband were doing and she told me that all their utilities were out and there was damage to the roof of their house. They then wanted a timetable from me when I thought their power and shit might get turned back on.

Whatever I thought as I asked why didn’t they leave town during the hurricane, keeping in mind that her in-laws lived less then three hours away in the “good” direction. Her answer was this; “no one told us to””, then we were cut off. I thought to myself, gee what a stupid bitch. You’ve known for over a fuckin week that a powerful hurricane was headed for your stinkin part of the country, but you didn’t stock up on shit or even think about heading inland. And why, because no one held your hand and told you what to do. What a fuckin crock of bullshit. See to me that is the whole problem in a nutshell.

Muthafucker’s want the shittin government to hold their hand and tell em what to do and all that, but any other time the same muthafucker’s are telling the government where they can fuckin step off and shit. Plus another thing that just rips the short hairs out is this instant gratification thing muthafuckers got going on. Wilma hit on Monday and on Tuesday people were bitching about the power still out and where’s their shit and a bucket to piss in.

This ain’t no goddamn movie where swinging dicks fall out of helicopters to put shit back right in the first thirty minutes of the fuckin movie. This is real life where shit has affected millions of people living over hundreds if not thousands of square miles. Everything and everyone can’t be gotten too all in one day, you non-saving water or stocking up pampered fucks.

Muthafucker’s want faster cars, quicker microwaves, more instant, instant foods; I ain’t got time to wait. What, your computer takes ten minutes to burn a CD? Well, I need one that’ll do it in three. Fuck you people, you’d think after New Orleans, folks might see some shit and understand that things might not happen today and prepare. But no, nobody’s learned a fuckin thing except how to bitch louder, whine longer, and spread blame more. You want water, suck rocks.


Gov. Jeb Bush took responsibility Wednesday for frustrating delays at centers distributing supplies to victims of Hurricane Wilma, but he also said people who have waited in line for hours seeking relief should have done more to prepare for the storm.

"People had ample time to prepare. It isn't that hard to get 72 hours worth of food and water," said Bush, repeating the advice that officials had given days before Wilma blasted across southern Florida early Monday.

from the Associated Press
I rest my fuckin case

"and the monkey flipped the switch"

3 Comments:

Blogger Nightmare said...

I feel your pain. People are DUMB

7:43 PM  
Blogger Satyavati devi dasi said...

I can tell you: when we lived in Wilmington, I went out each May 1st and stocked up the house for hurricanes. I made sure I had things that could be cooked with nothing but boiling water, that there were containers to keep water in, new batteries and a good plan for making it through. I eventually got the house to where I could run it for up to a month with no electricity, using a camp washing machine, the grill and so on. We also had what we called the Go Box in the event Scott had to evacuate with the dog (I could never go because of work). It had things like our marriage license, the deed to our house, insurance papers and other things that would be needed if he was stranded 600 miles away and I was stuck at work.
People, especially people who live in these areas, have NO RIGHT to slam the government UNTIL AND UNLESS they have taken every single precaution possible on their own. People need to take some responsibility for themselves and quit blaming everydamnbody else for their problems and lack of solutions.

10:59 PM  
Blogger Ole Blue The Heretic said...

I hear you

;-)

12:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home