small brush shouldn't fuck with big timber

Death's Door, the view from the Spanish announcers table: Patriot Act

Tuesday, December 27

Patriot Act



In what is turning out to be a rare and painful moment of lucidness, I’ve decided to start reading the entire “United States of America Patriot Act”. For those of you silly bastards who’ve been living in some sort of hipster cave the past few years, the USA Patriot Act was passed after the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks. The Act expands or gives almost unprecedented authority to U.S. law enforcement for the sole purpose of fighting terrorist acts in the United States and abroad. This expanded legal authority is also used to detect and prosecute other alleged potential crimes which may relate or cause terrorism. So I’ve decided to read this huge fuckin juggernaut of a thing just to see what’s, what. Even though it’ll most likely break my brain I feel it’s just one of those things I need to read and be aware of. And hopefully during all this I can bring up points of interest to talk to you muthafuckers about.

"and the monkey flipped the switch"

2 Comments:

Blogger Rusty said...

Good luck with that! I had to read documents from a govenment hearing for a class, and it almost drove me batty! It took about 10 thousand words to say something that could be said in a couple paragrahps. Gotta love our govenment.

12:30 PM  
Blogger Bella said...

Have fun. I read it and I can't even begin to tell you how broad the "specific terms" are.

All I remember is having a bunch of questions when I was done with it like, "How is "suspicious" behavior defined?" If a pact leaves anyone with several questions such as that, then there's something wrong and it needs to be fixed.

5:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home