small brush shouldn't fuck with big timber

Death's Door, the view from the Spanish announcers table: thinking the way that I do

Wednesday, February 8

thinking the way that I do


People are all the time asking me; “Greg, why do you have such a hard-on against groups such as PETA and the Parents Television Council? Cause and it might just be me and shit, but isn’t PETA all about preventing animal cruelty and the PTC all about too much sex and violence on the fuckin TV? Which to my thinking and lord knows I’m not the fuckin king of I know all bout some shit, but isn’t both of those a good thing”?

Which after taking a deep breath I’m wont to answer. Well its yes and no and let me tell a muthafucker why. First off I don’t have a problem with PETA’s primary mission statement, preventing cruelty to animals. But like a lot of groups who start off all well meaning and shit, PETA has turned into one of these muthafuckers who can’t see the fuckin forest because of the trees. Everytime I think of these cocksuckers I can’t help but be reminded of this story that was written by the great science fiction writer Robert Adams.

It dealt with a post apocalyptic United States and the horse clans that inhabited it afterwards. In this one story the bad guys turned out to be these cannibalistic incestuous inbreds who lived in the mountains that wouldn’t bath or kill animals for food or eat plants. Turns out they were the bastard offshoots of a group of hard core environmentalists who fled to the mountains when the world went to shit.

They so believed in their own shit that they passed it down to generation after generation until instead of environment being a word, it became their fuckin god and hello crazy train. And so too has PETA in my mind gone from an organization doing good, to and I use this term loosely, a bunch of crazy assed eco-terrorist. I mean when the leadership of PETA has been quoted saying shit like this;

“like the Jews murdered in concentration camps, animals are terrorized when they are housed in huge filthy warehouses and rounded up for shipment to slaughter. The leather sofa and handbag are the moral equivalent of the lampshades made from the skins of people killed in the death camps”. Its like I have to stop giving a shit about their cause and go; “hey, nutty boy, isn’t it time for your train to be leaving now? Damn look at the time, I’ll have to bag on the PTC later.




"and the monkey flipped the switch"

7 Comments:

Blogger Nightmare said...

PETA sucks monkey nuts. Have you heard about them getting the laws in Nebraska changed so that truckers are fined 500/head for using a "hotshot" on hogs at the Slaughter house!! It seems that it is degrading to the pigs to be electronicly shocked to get off the truck and into the kill floor where they become tasty bacon and stuff.

Fucking Jackasses!

11:27 AM  
Blogger Bella said...

So, meat eating animal's instincts is to kill others for breakfast, lunch and dinner. And we can't do that because we are a superior race and should now better.

I say we start a campaign aginst those animals who tear and rip apart their prey while it's still alive.

12:51 PM  
Blogger Satyavati devi dasi said...

I'm not going to reiterate how I feel about PETA and the whole mentality of death thing since you know my views on it... what I wanted to ask was.. what is the name of that story?

1:04 PM  
Blogger Ole Blue The Heretic said...

As I eat my stuffed and smothered cornish hen, I contemplate a hypothetical situation.

A hungary vegetarian and card carrying PETA member, in a desert, with no vegetation, sees a cute little Jack Rabbit.

I bet that fucker is going after that Jack rabbit no matter if he/she has the PETA card on themselves.

People who can't face reality find unrealistic causes.

1:29 PM  
Blogger Roy said...

Oh, they can shove that parallel up their ass. The only reason cows and chickens exist is because we've bred them the way they are now for the past million years or so, same as the native americans did with corn. Bred specifically for human consumption.

And anyway, Cows would live longer if they werent made of steak and leather.

4:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Billy says:
Well, Ima card carrin environmentalist and well I hate PETA. If it weren't for duck unlimited then there would't be any watefowl left in this country. I think that the carriage horses on the Plaza would be all glue by ow too.

5:32 PM  
Blogger LL said...

OMG, Roy, you made me laugh hysterically with that one.

Righteous rant, Greg. Just wish they'd think of humans with the same compassion that they express for animals. Asshats abound on this earth and I do my level best to either offend them so they run away and leave me alone or kill them. Either option works for me.

5:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home