small brush shouldn't fuck with big timber

Death's Door, the view from the Spanish announcers table: soul food cookin with Scientology

Tuesday, March 14

soul food cookin with Scientology


I see that musician Isaac Hayes who’s been a staple of the cartoon series South Park for years as the voice of “Chef” has decided to leave the show for good. His reason for leaving is South Park’s habit of calling bullshit on and making light of the worlds various religions. Isaac Hayes has been quoted as saying that the show's fuckin over of religion is part of what he saw as a "growing insensitivity toward personal spiritual beliefs" in the media generally, including the recent controversy over cartoons depicting the Prophet Mohammad. That’s a lot of big words coming out of the mouth of the cat who sang about his salty chocolate balls and its all fine and good and each to his own and all that good shit, but I’m calling bullshit on Mr. Hayes.

Ever since it’s conception South Park has made a habit of fuckin over the worlds various religions. And as the voice of Chef, Mr. Hayes played a part in all of that. But it should also be noted that he’s a dues paying member of the Church of Scientology and these muthafuckers are known for having thin skins. So I’m calling bullshit on Isaac Hayes because did he actually get a conscious and or is he quitting because South Park last fall picked Scientology to fuck over? I mean really, how do you spend almost ten seasons with a show of that ilk, taking their coin and all off a sudden you decide to get all righteous and shit on a muthafucker?


"and the monkey flipped the switch"

2 Comments:

Blogger LL said...

People are fickle folk. I never thought he'd get offended by ANYTHING. Who knew? Big baby.

6:17 AM  
Blogger Satyavati devi dasi said...

Back when I was doing all my research on religions, I read Dianetics. It struck me as bullshit almost instantly, but I stuck it out, read the whole thing, and still called it bullshit. What I want to know is what is it about Scientology that attracts celebrities? I don't know a single Scientologist, and I've consciously tried to seek them out. I've heard people say that this group tends to try to attract those with money..whether true or not I don't know, but it is kind of odd when you think about it. Now what South Park ought to do is a whole episode devoted to how Chef gets caught up in a demonic cult...

6:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home