small brush shouldn't fuck with big timber

Death's Door, the view from the Spanish announcers table: my best friends getting married

Friday, July 7

my best friends getting married


Without sounding like I’ve been patting my pussy dry or washing the cock taste out of my mouth, I’ve been going thru a little bit of an emotional tiff as of late. Some of you readers who’ve been around for a few years have heard me mention Michelle many times over the years. Michelle has been my best friend since the get-go and I love her something stupid.

Well she laid the news on me sometime back that she’s getting married and I’m finding it a bit (unsettling?) that the news is bothering me so much. Now before some of you muthafuckers go reading this all wrong and shit, let me set things straight. I’m happy for her and fine with her getting married. I know the guy and I do believe he’ll do right by her and all that.

So don’t be getting all psychobabble on me saying crap like I missed my chance or some fey shit like that cause that’s not how things work around these here parts. I guess the issue that’s been weighing on me is that I’m scared. And not scared for her, but scared for me. Here’s a friend who’s been with me thru all the bullshit and instead of running, she’s brushed herself off and after scraping the crap off her shoes came back for more.

This is the chick who spoon fed me when I was in the hospital, watched me till I fell asleep and would call bullshit on me if I lied. Without care or consequence she embraced me and all the oddness that makes me who the fuck I am. She actually knows more about me then anyone should and deep inside I enjoy that fact.

And her getting married has me scared to death because I don’t know if I can handle being alone again. I know she’ll only be a few blocks away and still will be my friend but now she’ll have a husband and family of her own and I just don’t know. But I’m sounding like a selfish old ass aren’t I?


"and the monkey flipped the switch"

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fisrt of all, congratulations to Michelle. She's a beautiful gal and even though I don't know her I certainly hope she'll be very happy.
As for you, Greg, it takes a brave man to admit he's afraid, and I admire you for that. But yes, she'll still be in your life (with husband and future kids in tow) and you may well find that less time with Michelle means more time with future mystery woman who will sweep you off your big old feet. I hope so, because from what I know about you, you deserve a whole lot of love. The fture is wide open..how cool is that?

3:57 PM  
Blogger Sapphire said...

The only thought that comes to mind. E.T. OOooouucchhh...On another note with all the friends you have greg I don't think you ever have to fear about being alone I'm sure your dream of finding the right one will come true. Congrat's Michelle.....Evermore

7:00 PM  
Blogger Xavier Onassis said...

I feel for you.

Things will change. How much depends on how cool her new husband is.

I've always felt that TRUST is the foundaion of every good relationship.

If you ain't got that, you got nuthin'.

If he trusts her, things will be cool.

If he doesn't, things will go south whether you are involved or not.

I wish everyone involved the best.

7:06 PM  
Blogger Nightmare said...

Yes you are sounding like a selfish ass. I know because I can smell my own kind. I went through this same thing a few years back except that it wasn't down the block it was across the country. Consider yourself lucky and quit being such a pussy.

9:06 AM  
Blogger Satyavati devi dasi said...

No, you're not being selfish, you're being realistic and honest. And it'll be all right. And in a couple of years Michelle can explain to her kids how Uncle Greg is an enormous black guy and she's a lil white chick....

It'll be great.

1:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greg, god closes a door and then opens...

well you get the fucking idea.

You haven't lost a best friend you gained anotrher one?

What the hell do I know? I am single.

2:57 PM  
Blogger LL said...

Best friends are best friends. There may be periods where you don't hear from her much. Me and my best bud have gone through boyfriends, husbands, divorces, kids, all of that shit. There are times where I don't talk to her for a couple of months and there are times where I talk to her 3 times a week. We haven't lived in the same city, let alone the same state or country at times, for over 15 years. And yet she's STILL my best friend. Have faith in your love for each other.

10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home