small brush shouldn't fuck with big timber

Death's Door, the view from the Spanish announcers table: old school

Monday, September 4

old school


I woke up this morning to find this cherry muthafucker parked across the street from my apartment. For those of you stinkin assed kids who don’t know no better, the car is a 70’s era Ford Pinto in what seems to be perfect condition.

This car was the work horse of many a stoner back in the day. Hell, we’d all go to the drive-in to see kung-fu movies and if we had too we’d stuff maybe half a dozen fuckin kids under the hatch along with four of five up front. There’d be so many muthafuckers packed into one of these that when we got to our spot and popped the hatch it looked like a fuckin circus clown car the way it emptied out.

"and the monkey flipped the switch"

3 Comments:

Blogger Xavier Onassis said...

I had one. A 1972 Pinto with a pop-up sunroof. Bought it from a friend for $250.00 That fucker ran a lot longer than either one of us thought it would. I drove the shit out of that car.

Had a hole in the muffler pipe. Did I ever replace the muffler pipe? Hell, no. I'd just get underneath it every couple of months with some tin snips, an empty beer can, couple of ring clamps and some muffler tape. Good as new.

1:47 PM  
Blogger tl said...

Luckily we never had them in Australia.

I thought the Ford Motor Co repossessed all of them and buried them in a large hole because of the fire problem.

:)

11:21 AM  
Blogger Xavier Onassis said...

I don't know about that. But I can tell you that the piece of equipment that always wore out first was the rear view mirror! You didn't want to get rear ended (no homo) in one of those.

6:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home