small brush shouldn't fuck with big timber

Death's Door, the view from the Spanish announcers table: thank you

Monday, September 25

thank you


As a blogger of many years one of the personal rewards I receive in doing so has to do with the fact that I’m speaking not only to people here locally but across the globe. Just to know that when I use the terms “snow cone eatin retard” or “cum gurgling piece of shit” when describing someone and that some hipster in Asia or the Middle East is repeating it makes my day.

I’m always picturing some cat sitting in a London flat or hanging out on a balcony in Spain or even squatting in a yurt in the middle of Turkestan reading the fucked up antics or opinion of a fat middle-aged black man in mid-America. And I just find that a fuckin gas. I’ve had the pleasure over the years of hearing from folks who read this blog and it always kills me how I seem to appeal to all types.

From the soccer moms to rednecks from the south, to gay men and women to the elderly. From the right wingers to the left, from liberals to bigots, they all follow this site and seem to enjoy it. As I’m sitting here this morning getting ready for my day of being a minion to the Man, I just wanted to say thanks.

"and the monkey flipped the switch"

6 Comments:

Blogger Satyavati devi dasi said...

And then there's me...
I'm not in any of those categories, but I love ya too.

2:56 PM  
Blogger Greg Beck said...

I was going to come up with a special categorie just for you but I didn't want to nark you out. baby

3:19 PM  
Blogger Satyavati devi dasi said...

ooh baby baby!

7:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's because you're so freaking creative with the english language that I keep coming back for more. Even when in Quebec, Canada on vacation I have to get my fix.

11:16 PM  
Blogger Walker said...

Could just be someone from Indiana who will now ponder how you came up with "Paris Hilton: Life support system for pussy." Like we say here in Indiana: Golly.

5:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Only as far away as Texas (Dallas suburb) but visit Death's Door regularly to enjoy GB's hilarious perspectives as well as the references to + updates on my hometown, which I miss greatly.

On my next visit, I will raise the first of many Boulevard Pale Ales to you. Thanks.

1:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home