bad case of the do-nothings
This weekend was more or less a laid back affair. Saturday was spent recuperating from a week where if I didn’t know better I swear the Man had it in for me. I was so on all day Friday that after work I went and had some drinks with an old friend and had to bail on her cause the lights kept going out.
So Saturday I didn’t do shit but get imitate with my couch. And speaking of couches, before all that I went over to Michelle’s to check out this couch she wanted me to have. Actually since she’s over all the time I think she just wanted a better couch to sit on then the current one, but it’s a nice couch and I’m gonna take it. After that I headed home and watched movies on the TV for a while.
• The Pacifier, staring Vin Diesel. This was a cute little movie featuring Vin as a Navy Seal assigned as a bodyguard for a bunch of kids. Vin’s an alright actor as long as he knows his role which is being a wanna be tough guy meat sac. Anything other then that he needs to get back on his knees looking over his shoulder.
• Mr. Baseball, starring Tom Selleck. This is one of those movies that I’ve always avoided but since the remote fell on the floor I was stuck watching it. Tom’s always been one of my favorite actors as long as he knows his role which is Westerns. Mr. Baseball which is the story of an ageing baseball player being sent to Japan to play ball. Lots of baseball and clashing of wills and all that good shit plus a totally innocent bathtub scene that intentional or not, turned out to be very erotic.
• X-Men 3. You know, I enjoyed this for what it is, which is an excuse to eat popcorn. But when you have a movie franchise like the X-Men, and you kill off a shitload of major characters in the third movie? I might be thinking you jumped the shark and shit.
• Zombie fuckers. Even though the sight of zombies scares the fuck out of me I’ve always held a suspicion that if they were fuckin I wouldn’t find it so bad. And who would’a guessed, a bunch of zombies getting fucked three ways to Sunday didn’t bother me a bit. As a matter of fact I found it relaxing enough to rub a couple out too.
• Too fast, to furious..three. Again another franchise movie that’s good for a bag of popcorn or two as long as you watch it for what it is. A movie about stupidly good looking people in stupid situations featuring cool cars as the real stars of the movie. Plus it had a shitload of hot Japanese chicks in it and who wouldn’t dig that.
"and the monkey flipped the switch"