small brush shouldn't fuck with big timber

Death's Door, the view from the Spanish announcers table: my best friend

Monday, October 23

my best friend


Michelle my best friend got married on Sunday so I’m gonna sit here for a while and reflect on that for a bit. So here’s a picture of the lovely bride and myself for you all to stare and some cool words I spoke at the last wedding I did until I feel like being witty again.
If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.

If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing. Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.

It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part,

but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. When I was a child, I talked like a child; I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me.

Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known. And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.


"and the monkey flipped the switch"

7 Comments:

Blogger Chi Tomi said...

Hey there, I saw your blog through it2m. So I went ahead to take a peek at your blog.

Aww, you are such a sweetie having said those words. I know any best friend would be proud to have you as their friend.

Have a nice day! :P

~Michi a.k.a. tomi
~www.justmycup-of-tea.blogspot.com
~www.damselsofdesign.com

11:19 AM  
Blogger Satyavati devi dasi said...

You made me cry... that was beautiful.

11:30 AM  
Blogger Capricorn Cringe said...

Did you write that? If you did, you're amazing ... and if you didn't, it was still beautiful.

Shoot me an email, we should get drunk some time ;)

6:50 PM  
Blogger Greg Beck said...

I’m glad you all like it, I wish I had written it but actually it’s a passage from the bible that’s been somewhat modernized Corinthians 13:1-13.

7:17 PM  
Blogger Tony said...

Motherfuck Greg, I never cared for this passage until I heard it used in this context and now I think it actually means something. Damn, and I was just starting to forget all of the Catholic School.

4:59 AM  
Blogger LL said...

I know you cried when she got married, didn't you? Don't worry, Michelle will still be there. *hug*

btw, tell her I said she's GORGEOUS, m'kay?

6:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greg,
That's the best passage in the Bible as far as I am concernered, and my personal favorite. What a word we would have if every one just lived their lives with that passage in mind.

12:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home