small brush shouldn't fuck with big timber

Death's Door, the view from the Spanish announcers table: I fuckin loved this movie

Wednesday, November 8

I fuckin loved this movie










I was gonna talk about this great movie me and Michelle watched last night, who by the way is back from her honeymoon cruise. For the honeymoon her and the husband decided to take a cruise ship to Jamaica and they must’a picked whisky-tango cruse lines.

Because between the black folk blinging and rednecks a-hooting, monkey assed ugly swingers looking for hook-ups, and the topless deck full of folks who really had no business getting nekked and shit, they told me it was like spending a week inside the local Raytown Wal-Mart but they had a blast.

So anyway we watched local boy Robert Altman’s movie “A Prairie Home Companion”. As any of you hipster muthafuckers know, A Prairie Home Companion is broadcast on your local public radio station and is one of those old school radio shows.

I really found myself enjoying the movie especially its real-life host Garrison Keillor who as Michelle said, “has a face for radio”, meaning that he’s not an attractive man. I dug it every time he came on screen and would love to see and hear this cat in person. He reminded me of a singing Paul Harvey with the way he spoke and approached things.

The film starred Garrison Keillor who like I said hosts the actual program, Meryl Streep, Lily Tomlin as the singing Jones sisters, Kevin Kline, and Woody Harrelson and LQ Jones as two singing cowboys who did a killer bit on bad jokes that even your grandmother would dig.

Oh I should add that the movie also featured Tommy Lee Jones as an asshole and ole slappy cunt herself, Lindsay Lohan as Meryl Streep’s daughter. Anyhow, regardless of bad casting choices, I really recommend “A Prairie Home Companion”. Everyone from the stinkin assed hipsters to you muthafuckers with kids will enjoy this film.


"and the monkey flipped the switch"

2 Comments:

Blogger Bella said...

Well then, I guess I'll have to check it out. Lindsey Lohan? How old is this movie. If it's recent, it must have gone straight to video cuz I've never heard of it.

1:15 PM  
Blogger KC Jameson in LA said...

i have to disagree. myself and the people around me watching it with me hated that movie. it was like visiting your grandparents' friends' house to hang out with old people talking about stuff that doesn't make any sense.. plus the angel character was lame and predictable.
i love Keeler, i like the radio show, but the movie was horrible. those women CANNOT sing either, ew.

5:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home