small brush shouldn't fuck with big timber

Death's Door, the view from the Spanish announcers table: ice ice baby

Monday, January 15

ice ice baby


The weather around here has been for lack of a better term, fucked up. And after I got home from work Friday this morning was the first time I’ve left the house all weekend. It’s been doing nothing but sleeting all weekend and everything is covered by a layer of stupid ice.

So I let the car heat up for around a half hour before I even attempted to scrape the windows. I’m outside knocking ice off my car when this old man walked out of his apartment and announced that he wasn’t driving anywhere in this fuckin ice, but was walking to the store.

See, this is the kind of shit I hate, cause he gave me that look as if to say “hey fat ass, a little brisk walk wouldn’t kill you”. Yeah whatever Nanook of the North, you go ahead and walk your old ass in fifteen degree weather, I’m driving my car if it kills me. This ain’t WWII and the battle of the bulge and I’m driving, even though it was just to Quik-Trip for some coffee and smokes.

I rented some movies for the weekend and I still have “Snakes on a plane” to watch but I did watch “Little Miss Sunshine”. It was a pleasant surprise, I initially rented because of an interview I saw with Alan Arkin who played the grandfather that really impressed me.

It was one of those movies that snuck up on me and I won’t give away the ending but it had me sitting on the couch with my mouth open. Little girls and their grandfathers plus Rick James “Superfreak” are a force not to be fucked with is all I’ll say.

"and the monkey flipped the switch"

2 Comments:

Blogger OMMAG said...

As a near geezer myself....I'm going with the "old Guy" neighbour on this one Greg......
Cheers!

1:02 PM  
Blogger Spyder said...

We watched Godspell yesterday. You can see the Twin Towers in it a few times. Kinda made you stop in shock since we didn't expect it. Did go see the Curse of the Golden Flower tonight. Chinese with subtitles. I'm a bit confused about the ending but the costumes & immenseness of it was great. We enjoyed it. It was the first time out since Friday. We did have a great party Saturday for my 50th. Dan from Gone Mild had brewed some beer for the party. Damn it was good beer. We squeezed a total of 35 brave people into our small house. More had RSVPed but pussied out/ I mean backed out because of the weather. Probably just as well since we were pretty crowded. I'm sure we were pretty mild compared to what you, Greg, may be use to. Stay warm.

9:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home