small brush shouldn't fuck with big timber

Death's Door, the view from the Spanish announcers table: hanging with the cool kids

Wednesday, April 18

hanging with the cool kids


Yesterday after work I headed down to Harry’s for the blogger meet up though I was hesitant to go for a couple of reasons.

I’ve been horribly ill most of the winter and wasn’t sure how I’d hold up in public plus if the truth be told Stargate was on the TV if you know what I’m saying. But I went and I’m very glad I did.

Even though it was a strange bar and most of the people I’d never met in person, it didn’t matter because it wasn’t like we didn’t know each other thru our writing.

I don’t know wither it was because I hadn’t been out in a long time or that I felt so at ease but I talked my fuckin ass off. I talked so fuckin much that I had to back it down a bit and even then I still talked too much.

I so enjoyed meeting all the various bloggers and I know I’m probably leaving someone out and for that I’m sorry but it’s not like I didn’t fuckin try. But here are the folks that I remember as being there. And thanks Michelle for kick starting my memory.

Mark from the “Kansas City Post
John from “Bahua
Bill from “Happy in Bag
Erikka from “Cubicle Gangsta
Nightmare from “Smells Like Bullshit
The girls from the “Flogging of America
Noblerot from “three o'clock AM
Eric from “Danger Blog
Jeff from “Greased Melon
Janet and Keith from the “Sader Family Blog”
Janet from “Hoochi-Mama”
The cats from the KC Pitche's “plog
Cara from “Just Cara
Andrea from “M.Toast
Xavier Onassis from “Hip Suburban White Guy
Heather from “General Blather
Michelle from “Well Hell Michelle
Josh from “Thoughts from Kansas
Spyder from “My Spyderweb

We talked, we drank, we ate, and we talked some more. I just want to say how cool it was meeting all of you and how much you all impressed me.


"and the monkey flipped the switch"

9 Comments:

Blogger Spyder said...

I had a great time. I wish the music had been lower so I could have heard all the conversations.

I'm coughing a bit more last night & today because of the smoke. But it was worth it. I'll be glad when I'm over this bronchial crap, more that 2 weeks now.

Dan from Gone Mild called this morning to check in with me & see how it went. I told him that he missed a great time. I would be all for doing this on a more regular basis.

I was up way late checking out the blogs of my new acquaintances.

Thank you for making a newcomer like myself feel welcome.

9:56 AM  
Blogger Happy In Bag said...

What an attractive group of people! My thanks to you and Michelle for making it happen.

10:39 AM  
Blogger Nightmare said...

I'm having bumper stickers made up!

I had a great, albeit a short time, but I think we should do it again maybe in my neck of the woods...I know no one wants to come north..well you don't have too, I'll sit and talk to myself.

Greg It was an absolute pleasure to meet you last night and I'm glad you showed.

10:40 AM  
Blogger Mark said...

Nice to see you again last night DD. I'm bummed I missed Xavier Onassis though!

We'll definitely do it again. Maybe next time I'll swing by TKC's and drag his ass (uhhh huh huh, I just said "ass") out of the basement.

10:46 AM  
Blogger FletcherDodge said...

Greg,

It was really great meeting you and my other local blog hero's. I had a great time even though I had to leaver early. Definitely this is something that we should do again.

11:14 AM  
Blogger Satyavati devi dasi said...

And so when are you coming to NC....

2:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so great to meet you greg and thanks so much for the beer. very sweet of you. see you around.

3:14 PM  
Blogger Janet said...

I had a blast as well!

It was really great to meet everyone face to face!

4:03 PM  
Blogger OMMAG said...

Congrats to all!
Sounds like a successful bash!

10:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home