small brush shouldn't fuck with big timber

Death's Door, the view from the Spanish announcers table: Mr. Johnson's yard

Friday, April 27

Mr. Johnson's yard



I don’t know about you but when I was growing up as a kid, ripping and running through the neighborhood there were always those one or two yards that I knew better then to walk on.

Either they had a bad ass dog or some such shit or they were the types of folks that just weren’t down with kids up in their yard.

So when I read a story about this old man that shot-gunned this kid who wouldn’t listen when he was told to stay out of his yard, I'm suprised it didn't happen sooner.

Because when it comes to some folks and their forty-acres and a mule, they tend to be just a tad bit over the top. And we all have some of those types living somewhere near us.

Yeah, when you got some muthafucker on the block who’s so into his yard that he runs a mower over it every single night of the fuckin week, you might want to stay the hell off his grass if you know what's good for you.

"and the monkey flipped the switch"

3 Comments:

Blogger Happy In Bag said...

I don't care about neighborhood kids on my lawn, but sadly, I've become the crank who yells "Slow Down!" at passing cars.

12:44 PM  
Blogger Ole Blue The Heretic said...

He should have got himself a mean dog.

2:00 PM  
Blogger OMMAG said...

Lawn Cranks - My neighborhood is full of them.
Seems the beef was about lots more than the lawn though.....shooting a 15 year old over a beef is pure chickenshit BS.

Although maybe he didn't think it was possible to kill someone with a .410!! Unless the guy had a no choke slug barrel and used a full chunk of lead the chances of seriously wounding anyone with that popgun are really slim.
I know this because ........ well let's just say I know! Nobody would even bother shooting ducks with one of those pea shooters! Rabbits get shot with a .410 and hop away .... pheasants don't even miss a flap of their wings!
There's more than one person walking around today that's been peppered by shot from a .410 and the biggest risk they ever faced was dying of lead poisoning in their old age!

10:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home