small brush shouldn't fuck with big timber

Death's Door, the view from the Spanish announcers table: snake sunday

Tuesday, April 3

snake sunday


Sometimes I forget that my sweet old mother is a freak killing machine. This morning I called her early to ask her wither it was raining at her house since it was pouring fuckin buckets at mine.

So after finding out that it was indeed raining across town I asked her what she had planned for the day. Besides going to the store and getting her hair done she had no plans because since it was raining she couldn’t work out in the yard.

That’s when she told me she found a snake under her shed yesterday. She couldn’t tell me what kind of snake which I guess didn’t matter since she killed the fuck out of it. Apparently she was puttering around under her shed out in the backyard when this snake crawled up on her.

Now if that had been me I’m absolutely sure I would have screamed like a slapped three-year old and run into the house. But my aged mother simply grabbed the first couple of things at hand. In her words she sprayed it with lighter fluid and beat it with a shovel until its head fell off. Why didn’t you just pick it up and move it somewhere else I wanted to know.
“Because it was under my shed where it had no business so I killed it and if I see anymore under my shed I’m gonna kill them too”. “I killed snakes when I was a little girl in the country and I’ll kill em now if I find em under my shed”
This is the same women where one day one of my friends was meeting me over her house to work on our bikes and he got there just before I did.

I pull up and there he is sitting in the driveway on his bike and my mother’s standing in the doorway with her hand in her pocket watching em. As soon as she realized that he was a friend of mine she took her hand out of her pocket and put the pistol back in the drawer.

So just a warning to all snakes, cats, stray dogs and bikers, please stay the fuck out of my mother’s shed. Ole Rambo ain’t fuckin around.

"and the monkey flipped the switch"

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dang, that's tragic. Before I weedeat and mow the yard, I go around with a stick and carefully relocate all the yard snakes back under the house. I hate it when I accidentally kill one. If I catch a snake elsewhere, I bring it back and stock my yard. It really keeps the mouse and spider and beetle population down.

11:09 AM  
Blogger OMMAG said...

He He.... Thanks for that !

12:57 PM  
Blogger Well Hell Michelle said...

Your mom is one tough old broad... and I mean that as a compliment.

10:40 PM  
Blogger Spyder said...

I think I love your mother! I bet I would have made it to the house before you.

10:43 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I was hoping you were going to say she set it on fire!

11:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good on your mom. I would have fainted dead away, but my Mamaw was good at taking a hoe to them damn snakes and chopping 'em to bits.

10:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home