This comes as a surprise?
There’s a new study out that say’s four out of five doctors surveyed said they let drug and device makers buy them food and drinks despite recent efforts to tighten ethics rules and avoid conflicts of interest.
According to muthafuckers in the know this is supposed to be a bad thing since doctors are supposed to be all ethical and shit. Check out this information sent to me by some of my unknown sources.
• eighty-three percent of doctors received food and drinks.
• seventy-eight percent of doctors accepted free drug samples.
• thirty-five percent of doctors were reimbursed for costs associated with professional meetings.
• twenty-eight percent of doctors pocketed consulting or lecture fees.
• seven percent of doctors took free tickets to games and other events.
Have you guy’s actually looked around your doctor’s office lately?
For whatever reasons I’ve been spending too much of my time in various doctors offices and I’ve noticed some shit.
The medical brand name thing is all over the place and your typical doctor’s office looks like fuckin NASCAR the advertising is so rampant.
The wall clock has advertising, the stool, the pens, pocket protectors, the clipboards; the calendars all have advertising for various medical companies on em.
And in the waiting room the fuckin medical salespeople usually outnumber the muthafuckers waiting to see the fuckin doctor. And people are supposed to be surprised or shocked that some doctors take a little bit on the side?
"and the monkey flipped the switch"