small brush shouldn't fuck with big timber

Death's Door, the view from the Spanish announcers table: trust issues

Monday, May 7

trust issues


So I’m busier the ten muthafuckers today, but I have time to leave you all with a question. So follow the bouncing ball if you will.

• You’re dating or some such shit and your significant other comes over for the late night bootie call.

• The both of you are lying in bed sleeping it off and your significant other’s cell phone rings.

• You happen to pick it up to see who’s calling in the fuckin wee hours of the morning and it turns out to be a text message of a sexual nature from a person of the opposite sex.

• Which of courses upsets you to no end because the person lying next to you is supposed to be your main squeeze right?

• You get so pissed that you decide to go through all the text messages on their phone just to see what’s up.

• And the reading ain’t good if you know what I be saying.

• You wake up your significant other and confront their back sliding ass.

Are you justified in your anger because it was their phone that woke you up and of course you’re gonna look to see who’s calling at such a late hour?

Should the significant other have not left the phone out in the first place? Cause isn’t that like leaving the little black book out in the open for all to read?

Lastly, do you the finder of the illicit text messages have anything to feel guilty about?

Feel free to talk amongst yourselves and let me know what you think?


"and the monkey flipped the switch"

14 Comments:

Blogger OMMAG said...

Go see a doctor cause you are likely going to need some urgent blood tests!

10:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd chuck her through the nearest window.

12:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anger justified? Oh hell yes.

Not left the phone out?! I think it sounds like the question is: Should the sig other have not been screwing around in the first place?

Finder guilty? Hell no! Name me one person who would've been in that situation with the 1st text and NOT looked at the others at some crazy early hour after being woken up.

12:30 PM  
Blogger JustCara said...

The fucking around is a much bigger crime than the finding-out-about-the -fucking-around. If someone is fucking around on me, I'm not gonna be made to feel bad because I discovered their triflin' ass.

2:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lesson for cheaters in the tech age: Almost all cel phones have a handy 'off' button. If yours doesn't might I suggest removing the battery?

2:47 PM  
Blogger Spyder said...

He's lucky he got to wake up! Been me, mmmm, I don't know if I could have controled myself. Probably wouldn't have set the bed on fire since it's my place.

5:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Had the owner of the cell actually given a damn about getting caught...she would have deleted the text messages in the first place.

Guilt for the finder? Nah...and I'm guessing he already had a good idea anyway.

5:55 PM  
Blogger Well Hell Michelle said...

If he wants to be a player, he needs to learn how to keep his phone's keypad locked. Otherwise, I think someone looking at his messages is fair game.

5:56 PM  
Blogger Satyavati devi dasi said...

I don't know how to send, receive, or read a text message, so all this is pure speculation on my part.

However, my feeling is that if you don't want your ass to get caught, you don't leave yourself with your ass shining.

So I have to wonder if it's not all a setup.

6:21 PM  
Blogger Xavier Onassis said...

I would never violate my SO's privacy by picking up her ringing cell phone to see who's calling.

Not by bizness.

I would wake her up to tell her her phone was ringing. If she wants to share information, that's fine. But I won't ask unless I hear something suspicious

"Oh, hey Sugar Britches, whassup? Oh God, I wish I could, but I'm at the hospital ER with my mom. Rain check?"

10:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Be happy with your knowledge, and then lay back and wait for the perfect opportunity to explode.

11:32 PM  
Blogger Nightmare said...

too many what if's. I think that Jealously is a wasted emotion and if the other one is fucking around, and it bothers you, get out. Take all of that rage and anger and use it to make yourself prettier for the next one. Go out and find the next "one" this way you are doing two things, not giving them the satisfaction of being mad, and it will make you feel better about yourself.

Remember you can't change people, so if they were a freak when you met them more than likely they didn't learn that from you!

so if you find out there is some naughtiness going on and you don't want to deal with it, then get out of the relationship, if you do want to deal with it, call up an ex and invite them over for a three way. That should get the message across.

8:21 AM  
Blogger Joe said...

I've had a wife cheat (with half the church) and its not pleasant. I've also had my current wife look at my cell phone when I was asleep and that didn't thrill me either. (Yep, she's got trust issues. This is what happens when your dad and first two husbands can't keep it in their pants)
I'm with Keith, I turn my phone off when I'm busy in bed, sleeping or whatever. If its important they'll send the police by to knock on the door.
I've never every snooped in my wife's purse, phone, drawers or anything. Its just not right.

11:13 PM  
Blogger GB, RN said...

I dated a guy who was a dumbass and left his email open when I came over to use him computer for a class assignment.

Of course I read it. I found out the shithead was cheating on me. Actually, I suspected it before. The emails just confirmed it.

I ripped him a new one and never looked back. He sucked in bed anyway. I found comfort in the arms of a hot Marine with a rockin' body...but that's neither here nor there. :)

If there is no suspicion, then I'm not really compelled to go snooping, and I won't. However, throw up a couple red flags, and it's game on. The other half will always, ALWAYS find out. Cheaters get sloppy and tend to fuck up sooner or later.

8:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home