small brush shouldn't fuck with big timber

Death's Door, the view from the Spanish announcers table: daddy can I keep it?

Thursday, July 5

daddy can I keep it?


Speaking of yesterday and the post below, I found a couple of things oddly amusing.

First off was meeting my friend’s granddaughter. I’m guessing she was only a few months old and her reaction to me was priceless but pretty much the norm for that kind of thing.

I’m sitting in the kitchen and her father had her in his arms talking to her and I’m watching all this. And I’m figuring she must’a caught me out of the corner of her eye, cause she did that real slow head turn and when her eye’s lined up with mine they snapped wide open.

At first she looked like she wanted to cry but then she actually leaned forward for a better look, so I leaned forward in turn. And she stared and stared and stared, then looked at her father like, what the fuck?

She went back to staring only to suddenly start grinning, and for the rest of the time she was there she never lost her grin or took her eye’s off me. If I moved my head she would track me until I stopped moving.

The second thing was seeing my friend’s daughter Jean again. It’s amazing how the male mind sometimes works.

Here’s a stupidly attractive woman in her mid twenties all slicked up with oil from sunbathing wearing what amounted to a teeny tiny string bikini thing.

It didn’t dawn on me until I was in my car on the way home, but the second I saw her, my mind instantly went into a pseudo father mode. And instead of seeing a half nekked chick, my mind would only let me see her as the little girl I remembered.

It’s like that scene in Sin City where Hartigan sees Nancy Callahan dancing in the strip club for the first time. He notices that she’s all grown up and shit, but in his head she’s still that little girl from back in the day.

"and the monkey flipped the switch"

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

when baby grows up and starts school, remember that moment when she calls and asks: 'could you come be my show-n-tell at school today?'.

besides, most adults have that reaction also. they just dont let you catch 'em staring.

-so notes the sister

12:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home