small brush shouldn't fuck with big timber

Death's Door, the view from the Spanish announcers table: sweatin the small stuff

Friday, July 27

sweatin the small stuff


From the “why is this even an issue” department………..

Comes a story that to tell you the truth really doesn’t surprise me.

As a matter of fact it brings to mind a few months ago when I decided to switch doctors.

She was filling out her rap sheet on me and was asking all the standard questions. “So how many drinks a week do you think you consume?” I looked her dead in the eye and answered. “Truthfully, not nearly enough.” That stopped that bullshit.

But what I’m talking abut is that after that crazy diaper wearing chick astronaut went on her little road trip of unrequited love last February, NASA decided to do a little house cleaning and found out some shit they didn’t like.

Like that more then a few astronauts don’t mind knocking back a few before climbing aboard the fuckin space shuttle.

And I quote; “astronauts were allowed to fly after flight surgeons and other astronauts warned they were so drunk they posed a flight-safety risk on at least two occasions”.

Now let me ask you, does this really fuckin surprise anyone cause here’s how I look at it.

Space exploration is a wondrous thing and who hasn’t as a kid wanted to grow up to be an astronaut?

But as the baggy pants wearing kids would say, “Let’s get real about some shit”.

Because after years of intense education and training, your reward is being strapped on top of something that for all practical purposes is a multi million pound bottle rocket.

Then you take into count NASA’s safety record for the past few years.

Yeah, I’m not no expert but I’m thinking that a few drinks the night before to help me relax would be the understatement of the fuckin year.

I’m just saying that if Johnny America decides to have a cocktail or ten before getting strapped into the big hissing quaking firestick of death, I’m not by any means hating on a muthafucker.

It’s times like that where my foremost thought would be that I didn’t fuckin drink enough.


"and the monkey flipped the switch"

4 Comments:

Blogger B. said...

Hell yes, man. I'm all for taking a drink the night before or something like that...depends on if they were doing it then, or getting fucking tanked that morning...that'd be a little scary if they were on the shuttle with me.

Likelihood of me being on a shuttle, though? Zero.

10:25 AM  
Blogger curmudgeon said...

Yeah, they may have been all tanked up. I wouldn't blame them. Strapping my ass in that potential IED would make me a bit nervous.

On the other hand, maybe someone is pissed - the striking mechanics maybe(?) - and are just trying to sabotage their reputation.

Sorry Greg, but I have bestowed this prestigious award on you.

12:39 PM  
Blogger Steve B said...

big hissing quaking firestick of death,

Snort, spew coffee, etc.

Classic.

8:34 PM  
Blogger Spyder said...

I hate switching doctors. I'm going to a new one tomorrow, Ugh! Wish mine hadn't retired.

2:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home