small brush shouldn't fuck with big timber

Death's Door, the view from the Spanish announcers table: they're not called geeks for nothing

Monday, July 23

they're not called geeks for nothing


Back in the day when I was real big into photography and taking pictures of semi nude chicks in bars. It was a natural assumption that when I took my shit in to get it developed that somebody somewhere, might make a few copies for themselves.

But this was before the age of digital photography and I couldn’t afford my own developer, so what was a muthafucker to do?

Well in my case I only dealt with one small shop which happened to be near my house that my father turned me on too.

Back then his line of work sometimes had him taking pictures of fires and dead things for the police department so I figured if he was satisfied with their shit, then so was I.

And if by chance the opportunity came up to do some really weird shit, then I fell back on that good old standby, the Polaroid camera.

Because believe me when I tell you that you don’t really want those pictures of the chick next door flipping quarters and propelling golf balls with her yammer being passed around. It just ain’t kosher.

So when I see that Best Buy’s “Geek Squad” is being accused of pulling choice pictures and music off of people’s computers that are being repaired, I’m not surprised.

Best Buy is a huge corporation and there is a shit-load of Geek Squad muthafuckers running around, almost twelve-hundred by last count. And by any count, that’s a lot of muthafuckers to keep honest.

And as big a problem as it’s become, I can’t lay total blame on the Geek Squad because human nature is human nature. Some of the blame needs to be heaped on the shoulders of the consumer who should show a little common sense about shit.

If your computer’s hard drive is packed chock full of pictures of the wife in her action panties smacking uglies with all the neighbors. Or you got her hanging from the ceiling wearing nothing but heels and a grin; you might want to remove those pictures before sending it in for repair.

The same goes for the five million songs that little Johnny spent all summer downloading. Remove it, password protect it, or better yet learn to fix your own shit. I’m just saying.

"and the monkey flipped the switch"

2 Comments:

Blogger Joe said...

You should be keeping your sensitive shit on a zip or thumb drive anyway and always with you.

10:37 PM  
Blogger Assrot said...

Anybody that is stupid enough to hire the Geek Squad deserves whatever they get.

5:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home