small brush shouldn't fuck with big timber

Death's Door, the view from the Spanish announcers table: black snake moan

Sunday, August 5

black snake moan


I’m lying on the couch last night watching “Black Snake Moan” with a very old friend of mine.

She had come by for a visit and I thought it’d be a good chance to see the entire movie. And I’m glad I did because it’s a movie worth watching even though I doubt some of you will get it.

But if you look beyond the nudity and the chains and all the upfront shit, you’ll see a movie about lost people not only finding each other but themselves. Which in it’s self is always a cool thing.

The coolest part of the movie came when my friend looked at me and mentioned how certain scenes in the movie seemed so familiar to her. I looked at her deep in thought, and said; “I don’t remember ever chaining you up to anything?” “No not that part, the saving me part”.

That made us enjoy the movie that much more since portions of it seemed to parallel our relationship. Sometimes doing what’s right bonds us for life.

"and the monkey flipped the switch"

1 Comments:

Blogger OMMAG said...

I'm surprised nobody commented on this!

Nicely put Greg.

9:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home