small brush shouldn't fuck with big timber

Death's Door, the view from the Spanish announcers table: :o face

Thursday, September 6

:o face


So last night per my usual habit, I’m sitting on the couch in my underwear watching “Ghost Hunters” on the Sci-Fi channel.

I just find this show so fuckin fascinating simply due to the fact that they willingly go looking for ghosts and shit.

I usually watch in the dark with the only illumination being the screen of my computer across the room from me. I sit there in my dimly lit apartment going, “ok that was scary” “you might not want to go into the basement cause it looks scary” “oooh, that was a scary sound” “man that looks like some scary shit”.

I think you get my drift; so anyway I’d just gotten off the phone with Michelle when suddenly from out of nowhere I hear clear as day the sound of a phone ringing.

Not a normal ring mind you, but kind’a all ethereal and shit.

Then that sound is followed by a woman’s voice!

In a split second it goes from me sitting there all calm as a muthafucker enjoying the TV to me turtleing out the back of my underwear and scrambling to my feet making that face no black man ever wants to make.

You know the one right? Where my mouth is wide open in the shape of an O and my eyes are bugging out?

Yeah that’s the face.

That’s when I realized that I had neglected to hang up my stupid speaker phone after talking to Michelle and it was doing that thing that phones do when you leave em off the hook. Silly me.

"and the monkey flipped the switch"

5 Comments:

Blogger Spyder said...

Damn! That was funny!

11:57 AM  
Blogger OMMAG said...

Man... you need to get out and unwind!
Cheers!

9:02 AM  
Blogger Xavier Onassis said...

For what it's worth (and that probably ain't much), I experience a similar feeling everytime that Weather Alert Radio in the basement (which I always forget I have) starts issuing warnings in that creepy semi-robotic voice during scary weather.

6:40 PM  
Blogger Donna said...

I will never understand why you don't get tons of comments. Your blog is like the great underground blog that only the cool kids know about.

I'm glad I'm one of them. You make me smile every single day.

10:07 AM  
Blogger Ole Blue The Heretic said...

Hey maybe the dead was trying to contact you!

8:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home