small brush shouldn't fuck with big timber

Death's Door, the view from the Spanish announcers table

Monday, May 12

I haven’t updated in the past few days because dealing with all the tornado’s that’s been fucking shit up as of late has spread me pretty thin. All our people are spread between hell and highwater which means that there’s only two of us from my section left in the office. So I’ve been doing my regular duty plus taking on a whole lot of added shit. And between that and some personal shit I’ve been in a crappy mood for almost a week now. But the jobs getting handled and the personal shit gets moved to the back-burner, and when the going gets tough the tough just bitch more. Take for instance the last three day’s. Saturday I spent half the day in the office trying to play catch up on my desk and the other half I spent dealing with phone people at a site north of the river where I was given the arduous task of setting up a (DRC) Disaster Recovery Center. This is a place near disaster areas where the affected can sit down face to face with FEMA people. But that was only after I loaded up two semi trucks with disaster equipment going out to (DFO) Disaster Field Office’s in Lenexa and Springfield, Mo. DFO’s are places that we set up to house all the FEMA personnel and various other government agency’s that deal with disasters. We roll into whatever rental space we find to suit our needs and set up shop for over two hundred people or more. It’s actually pretty cool, we can walk into something like an empty furniture store on a Friday and we’ll set up wireless phone systems along with wireless networks, plus tables, chairs and whatever else it takes to support two hundred folks for a few months, and by Monday morning at eight we’re ready for business. All the local shit comes from my end whilst the computer shit comes from Mount Weather in Virginia and the rest come from Centers in Texas or Denver. We roll into town like the fuckin Mob, or as I like to call it, the dog & pony show. My job is almost like being a roadie for the government, except that the show never stops and I’m not fucking skanks in the back of the truck. Hmmmm, maybe I can work on that last part. Sunday was spent equipping the DRC with the needed shit and dealing with other FEMA people whom you’d think know better by now then to eat my clock up. I foolishly thought that with everything going on today I’d have an easy day in the office but fuck no? Bush decided he wants to visit the DFO in fucking Springfield on Tuesday, so at four fucking o’clock in the afternoon I got the call to run some specialized equipment down to Springfield. But I was able to play it smooth and worked it out where I could pass the shit off at a halfway point, which turned out to be Nevada, Mo. I just wasn’t up to blasting all the way to Springfield and back in one sitting, but two hundred miles was no problem. And now here I am talking to you muthafucker’s when I should be in bed getting my beauty sleep, except that my stinkin back hurts so much I can’t sleep. Michelle, bless her heart, came over and whilst here took a turn at rubbing my back for a bit. And every thing felt kosher till I laid down then the pain hit. But fuck, I’m a big boy and I’ll deal with it. I’ve been doing this FEMA gig now for nigh onto thirteen years and even though I do and will bitch, it’s a good and satisfying gig. What other government agency could I work for and come away at the end of the day knowing that everything I do helps make some poor fucked up shomoe’s day better? Unless it was one of the gun toting agencies, yeah, Greg Beck, OO-SOUL, license to kill. It’s my duty to wax…….ah, fuck it. Good night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home