small brush shouldn't fuck with big timber

Death's Door, the view from the Spanish announcers table

Sunday, May 18

After dealing with tornado’s all week I was more then ready to let my hair down and break some brain cells Friday, so down to the Hurricane I went. Coincidently they were having an early show to benefit William Jewel collage which got fucked over by the weather. One of the local radio stations was fronting the whole thing and the bands “Vendetta Red and “Anything but Joey” were headlining it. I swear these Vendetta muthafucker’s drove us fuckin crazy with their sound check. The lead singer was this little fey curly haired bastard who was in love with his own voice. Vendetta Red must’a ran through shit for over an hour, and it was so loud and fuckin grating. They stopped and Anything but Joey had their turn, luckily for us they only checked for ten minutes and they were done. Then the crowd started rolling in, and William Jewel collage takes my vote for having some of the ugliest chicks in their roster. Hold it, ugly is such a wrong word, it’s just that they all looked alike. All dressed alike, same hair, same build, very very boring, not a pretty crowd. And I don’t know if it was the Jim Beam or what, but it seemed like both bands did less then half a dozen songs each then they were out’a there. Not very impressive at all, actually they both sucked, the bands were just like the crowd, you could exchange one for the other and who’d notice? Or was it because I was in the mood to hear some shredders? No they sucked. So I hung out with Mito and knocked back Jim Beam till I got bored. Except for her it was a very uneventful Friday, thank god she always puts me in a good mood.
I came home and sat down to check my e-mail and the first message I read was from Cassie, it was titled “Damn Swimmers”. So I open it and it’s a picture of a sonogram and she’s telling me she’s three months pregnant. Yep, she’s having his baby and she couldn’t be happier? You know that’s the third roommate I’ve had that’s moved out and got themselves knocked up? Must be something about me that kills birth control. They move in with me and it’s more or less a platonic relationship, then they move out and next thing I know it’s a phone call or something telling me the baby’s coming. Hey that commercial featuring Chakera? Is that her name? You know that hot Latin chick from South America? Anyway it’s the one for the sneaker, but that’s not important. That in and out shit she does with her stomach just drives me crazy, I hope she doesn’t get pregnant. I wish Cassie the best future, but damn, that was a shock. Bad rock and surprise pregnancies, some weekend huh? Peace

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home