small brush shouldn't fuck with big timber

Death's Door, the view from the Spanish announcers table

Monday, May 19

Hi, before I get started on whatever it is I feel like talking about, I wanted to remind everyone that this Tuesday at 7:00 CST the UPN will show the finial episode of “Buffy The Vampire Slayer”. Sigh, this is gonna mean a huge change in my life, ever since I was introduced to Buffy, my Tuesday nights have been very special. It’s the night I cook a great dinner, turn off the computer and unplug the phone, refuse to answer the door or do anything that distracts from giving my complete attention to the show. In the early years I watched it with Cat, my loyal pet and boon companion. We’d hop on the couch all giggly with anticipation and after dropping a few elbows and other wrestling moves on each other we’d settle down to watch the show. Then during the first commercial break I’d call my sister and tell her that me and Cat were having the time of our lives watching Buffy, then I’d hand the phone to Cat, or rather I’d hold it for him (not having opposable thumbs can be such a bitch) and let him talk for a while. And after it was all over the two of us would sit up till the wee hours of the morning having lattes and doing each other’s hair whilst talking over the merits of what we viewed earlier. Hmmm, good times, good times. Even these last few years since Cat’s been gone I still perform the same Tuesday night ritual, except that I don’t call my sister or do anyone’s hair, it just doesn’t seem right without Cat next to me. Now I’ll be the first to admit that being a Buffy watcher hasn’t been easy. Take for example the cruel and constant ridicule I’m subjected to from my peers. I’ve been accused of everything from harboring latent homosexual tendencies to wanting to perform unspeakable perverse acts upon members of the cast. But I can say with much confidence, and I owe some of this to Cat, that as a tax paying American, I gots the muthafuckin right to watch anything I fuckin want too! When I want too, how I want too! Jesus hopscotchin Christ, I hate that! If I want to sit on my couch buckass nekked with my pal Cat watching something that feels my heart with joy, then goddammit muthafucker’s, I’m gonna do just that! And if you don’t like it, you can waltz your stinkin asses over to my house and do something about it! Fuckin pious bitches! But there are those of you that understand, and you know who you are. Yeah, we’re cool as school. (Just between us when I start whacking on muthafucker’s you’ll be safe) And I thank you from the bottom of my heart and don’t forget to watch Buffy!(cause there will be a fuckin quiz afterwards you lousy ingrates) Peace

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home