small brush shouldn't fuck with big timber

Death's Door, the view from the Spanish announcers table: vacation

Tuesday, May 3

vacation

I’ll remind everybody again but I’m gonna be just a tad bit out’a touch for a couple of weeks during the middle of the month. The Man’s sending me to parts unknown and when I get done with him, I’m hopping in a car with a couple of friends and heading to Port Aransas, Texas on the Gulf coast to hang out on the beach.

This will actually be my first real vacation in almost fifteen years where instead of taking a couple of days off here and there, I’m actually taking time off and going somewhere. Plus I’ve never seen a body of water larger then one of our Missouri lakes so this is another reason for going. Plus as one of the people who talked me into going, who happens to be a chick said.
“ain’t nothing better then standing in the ocean buck assed nekked at midnight under a full moon”
That definitely sounds like a fuckin plan to me.

"and the monkey flipped the switch"

8 Comments:

Blogger Ole Blue The Heretic said...

I hope that you really enjoy your vacation...I need one of those too.

1:23 PM  
Blogger Monkey said...

Have a great, safe vacation!!

3:44 PM  
Blogger Bella said...

I wanna go!!! Can I go? Pleeeeeez? I promise I won't sound like this the whole vacation. haha

6:48 PM  
Blogger Nightmare said...

Glad to hear it! Go and enjoy some beach front nakedness.

7:04 AM  
Blogger Satyavati devi dasi said...

Well hell, I've spent the last 12 years living at the beach and the minute I move away, you decide to go to the beach? What's up with that? I feel so rejected now...

8:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When your in the ocean and underneath the stars just remember to look upon those stars and think. I should have done this along time ago.....kick yourself once in the ass and then enjoy everything life has to give with no regret's. Dreams do come true.

Bring me back a mermaid..Scratch that forget the mermaid bring me back a lobster....Evermore

Sapphire Raven

12:17 PM  
Blogger Arathorn said...

I`m so very happy you are getting to go on a great vacation. I have one lined up to and you realizing yours makes me think mine can happen too. Enjoy brother be safe.

3:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hallo greg.
i live in houston. if you end up coming this way, please feel free to email. i'd love to buy you a drink.
cheers,
jd

8:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home