small brush shouldn't fuck with big timber

Death's Door, the view from the Spanish announcers table: screwed

Monday, August 14

screwed

A Voyager trike kit on a Kawasaki 1500


I’m still going around and around with the bike issue. I took the bike and trike kit up to the local Voyager dealer here in town a few weeks ago to have everything assembled.

But when I got home from DC last week I had a voice mail telling me that shit wasn’t going to happen because the factory doesn’t carry the hardware needed to make it happen.

So the next morning I showed up at the dealer’s door to talk to em and find out what the fuck was going on. They explained to me that when they called the factory to order the hardware kit they were told that no kit existed for the 1988 KZ1000P Kawasaki police bike. So I pulled out a copy of the email exchange that took place between me and the factory guy a couple of months ago.

It was during this exchange that I expressed concern about the availability of everything needed to make shit work. I laid out exactly what kind of bike I had and what type of bike the kit came off of. The factory guy emailed me that the wheels and frame would work but the hardware wouldn’t, and then he quoted me a price for the new hardware and that the local dealer would order it.

On the basis of this email exchange I went ahead and brought the used kit and had it painted to match the rest of the bike. I mean hell, what better source is there then the factory, right? Isn't this why you go directly to the source, to find out the truth? But now the factory is telling me that not only do they not have the hardware in stock but never carried it regardless of what their guy said, who I should add is the head salesman.

So now as things stand I’m stuck with a trike kit I can’t use and out something like $1200.00 bucks in parts and paint. Even the dealer agreed that going by the email, everything looked good to go and they would have done the same thing. Which is all fine and good but isn’t worth a shit if the factory doesn’t make the parts. It goes without saying that I’m so fuckin disappointed and at a loss for words.


"and the monkey flipped the switch"

5 Comments:

Blogger LL said...

That sucks, Greg. From the area code on the phone number, it looks like the shop is here in Illinois. Maybe you should look around at motorcycle forums and shit and post your email and this blog post. Or send it all to a bike magazine. Embarass the shit out of the company. Maybe they'll at least TRY to fix things for ya, whether it be to MAKE hardware (custom) to do the conversion or to refund you some of the money that you've invested. What a suck ass situation.

12:39 PM  
Blogger Ole Blue The Heretic said...

Well it sounds like you should be compensated or helped by the factory because it is their screw up.

2:11 PM  
Blogger Nightmare said...

I know a bunch of steel fabricators here in KC and I think we can get you the hardware that you need, made custom, and not extremely expensive. Email me and we'll chat.

9:14 PM  
Blogger Greg Beck said...

Hey Nightmare, I'm still running thru some options but I'll keep you in mind. thanks

8:41 AM  
Blogger Nightmare said...

Sounds good. I just want to see you touring around KC with that fat assed pimp ride!

8:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home