small brush shouldn't fuck with big timber

Death's Door, the view from the Spanish announcers table: Unfashionably late and really bad judgment

Monday, February 23

Unfashionably late and really bad judgment

Saturday I’m on the couch watching “Ilsa, Harem keeper of the Oil Sheik”, when I decided to call Mito and see what time dinner was. What was happening was that our friend Tammi was taking her girl Rebecca out to dinner for her birthday and some of us were planning on joining em. Originally I hadn’t planned on going but between Tammi and Mito I was convinced that I should join the festivities. So like I said there I was laying around watching Ilsa work up a good sweat torturing some poor helpless harem chick when I decided to call Mito to see what time I needed to get ready. “I was just going to call you, dinner’s at five”. I glanced at the TV and saw that it was already way past four. Goddammit! So I hopped into the shower and threw on some clothes and headed up to the Hurricane where I was supposed to hook up with everybody. I walk in and Mito tells me that now we’re waiting on other people to show up, so I might as well have a seat and a smile. Over coffee Matty tells me about some shit that happened late Friday night. It seems that there was this seriously confused bigot in the bar and he decided to call a group of rather huge Samoans the N-word. And I don’t mean knucklehead. So once everybody got outside, the Samoans proceeded to beat the bigot a new asshole. It must’a been as bad as I heard cause whilst there hearing the story I noticed it took quite the effort on the part of the bar crew to wash all the blood off the sidewalk in front of the bar. I really hate when shit like that happens, cause some of the bar staff are hardly more then kids and seeing shit like that can really fuck up a person’s head. And as far as the bigot with the case of bad judgment? If it happened like I heard then when you pay the band you better be able to dance to the music.
Moving on.
But between all this and that we lost track of time and before we knew it here comes Tammi and Rebecca walking into the bar. Dinner was all done and finished with, and of course here comes everybody else we were all waiting on. But it was all cool cause the birthday party just continued on there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home