small brush shouldn't fuck with big timber

Death's Door, the view from the Spanish announcers table: snuggle bunnies

Thursday, March 2

snuggle bunnies


I walk into the Hurricane yesterday after work and with it being that I was in a pretty good mood and there was a few folks hanging about that I haven’t seen in a Sunday or two I made the round of the bar giving all my friends hugs. That is until I came upon this one friend who told me I better not hug her and that I should stop being such a gay cuddling freak. Now with it being as I’ve always said, that I only look slow I backed off and took my seat at the bar asking her what’s wrong with cuddling and shit.

And that’s when the shit took off. After much heated discussion amongst everyone I was to find out that not only is cuddling gay and freakish, but in that same wordy cesspool floats the words snuggle and love, as in the term “making love. Yes, out of a bar full of people I seemed to be the only true romantic in the room. Because it’s like I told everyone, I’m man enough to hug my friends, and also man enough to use the word cuddle or snuggle in a sentence. And as far as the term making love, how old school and romantic is that? And herein lay the rub.

I hang out in a place where the bands play what the baggy pants wearing kids call “alternative music”. And it’s also a place where “hipster” policy is dictated. And when you hang out with the “hipster” crowd you on occasion sometimes step off into what I like to call a “hipster” black hole. It’s a place in time and space where everyday logic gets suspended and everyone worships the great hipster god “Redbull & flavored vodka”.

Like where you can perform the act of cuddling or snuggling or make love, but you bet not use those terms to describe the act. Instead you tell your hipster friends shit like “I want to fuck you, let’s go off and fuck, or we hung out on the couch last night watching a movie then we fucked. You don’t dare say “let’s go off and make sweet love” or “how bout we get some movies and snuggle on the couch tonight”?

And why, because that’s not the approved “hipster” way and if you’re not hip as to what a hipster is, here’s the Wikipedia encyclopedia definition.
“A hipster is a person who is strongly associated with a subculture that has been deemed "hip", or "hep." The term was used originally in the 1940s and 1950s to describe aficionados of jazz, and it eventually described many members of the Beat Generation, but its usage declined in the 1960s, with the advent of hippies. Since the mid 1990s, the word "hipster" has been redefined to refer to members of a different subculture.

Modern hipsters are those devoted to ironic retro fashions, independent music and film, alternative comics, and other forms of expression outside the mainstream. They are often associated with indie culture. More generally, trendsetters in fashion are sometimes called hipsters, though this use is distinct from the hipster subculture, whose fashion sensibilities are specific and not usually destined for the mainstream.”
So there you go, who would’a thought that ole Greg here is one of the last of the true romantics in a hipster world.

"and the monkey flipped the switch"

3 Comments:

Blogger LL said...

You're not the only guy out there; you were just the only one in that bar/club. And I think it has something to do with age.

9:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blogger, I served with Jack Kerouac . I knew Jack Kerouac . Jack Kerouac was a friend of mine. Sir, you're no Jack Kerouac .

6:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

GAAAAAYYYYYY! GO HOST A CUDDLE PARTY OR SOMETHIN'
http://www.cuddleparty.com. I'M GOING TO GO HAVE A STOLI STRAWBERRY AND REDBULL - CUZ THAT'S HOW I ROLL.

4:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home