small brush shouldn't fuck with big timber

Death's Door, the view from the Spanish announcers table: upside down weekend

Monday, May 21

upside down weekend


This weekend quite by accident I entered a new phase in my life. Call it steely resolve or going where fools dare not tread, but I actually watched a couple of zombie movies.

The first one was “Shawn of the dead” and the second was some nameless movie called “House of the dead” that featured hot chicks getting slapped out of their bras by the stupid zombies.

“Shawn of the dead” was ok due to the fact that it was kind’a funny. But if I had a friend as stupid as his best friend I’d just throw his dumb ass to the zombies.

“House of the dead” attracted me due to the fact that as I’m flipping channels I came upon this smoking hot Asian chick in a Captain America jumpsuit kicking the shit out of a bunch of zombies. Then these other hot sweaty chicks showed up to fight the stinking zombies also, so I figured it was safe to watch.

Plus I find if I watch the shit really early in the morning like six AM, or if there’s an abundance of nekked chicks it doesn’t seem so bad.

I also watched “V for Vendetta” which turned out to be a very cool if vaguely deep movie. This was the exact opposite of “Smokin Aces” which tried to be something it wasn’t and had the most ignorant ending ever.

This weekend also included “Night at the Museum” which is funny, was able to hold my interest and is very kid friendly for those of you with the little crumb snatchers.

Plus who can hate on something that features Dick Van Dyke, Mickey Rooney, the hot nekked parole officer from “Sin City” and a monkey that pees all over Ben Stiller?

Just saying, I don’t really dig Ben Stiller and think if I saw em on the street I’d blow him off but this might be one of best movies since “Something about Mary”.


"and the monkey flipped the switch"

3 Comments:

Blogger Nightmare said...

I too really enjoyed V for Vendetta, however none of the others have made it to my personal play list yet.

7:36 AM  
Blogger Bryan said...

I too have an unrational fear of Zombies (so say my wife AND co-workers) but I absolutely LOVED Shawn of the Dead....check out HOT Fuzz on DVD next month. Same guys, same humor.

PS Zombies Don't Run!

8:05 AM  
Blogger Xavier Onassis said...

Took my daughter, young Galadriel Tanqueray Onassis to see Night At The Museum at her request.

I filed it in the ever growing "better than I expected it to be" category.

6:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home