small brush shouldn't fuck with big timber

Death's Door, the view from the Spanish announcers table: <strong>look! It's Tool! Wait, no its not. </strong>

Monday, November 10

look! It's Tool! Wait, no its not.

This was an odd weekend for me, not as far as activities but more of a mental thing, as in a not really being here kind of thing. After being in the house all day Friday feeling like shit, I was all hell bent on getting out that night. So early that evening I headed down to the Hurricane for a bit. The Man is trying out this happy hour piano slash martini bar thing and I guess it’s ok except that I don’t drink martini’s and the chick playing piano doesn’t know more then a handful of tunes, so as a result most of the shit she plays ends up sounding alike. But Mito was there and that was all I needed, plus she had Ziola with her. Ziola is Mito’s cool assed dog I might need to add. So after grabbing some coffee Ziola and me fell back to the couch to sit and chat for a bit. Remember the Urge? Well the cat that used to front em had a new band and was playing that night. But I stayed on the couch cause the last time I saw the muthafucker I mistook him for the lead singer from Sevendust. Kind’a fluffed up his fro if you know what I mean. Plus along with Ziola, Mito and Sonya were next to me on the couch, so I wasn’t going anywhere. A comfort zone thing if you know what I mean. After a while Sonya split and it was just the two chicks, Mito, Ziola and me. It’s funny how the sight of a dog chilling back on the couch in the Hurricane doesn’t really seem to affect anyone, except for Stan the general manager, who after seeing Ziola with a drink in front of her pitched a small bitch. Saturday I had planned on going back down but I choose to keep my ass at home instead. But I really wanted to see Pigmy Love Circus that night, due to the fact that Danny Carey the old drummer from Tool was back with em. Oh, here’s something that struck me as funny. The band Substance opened for Pigmy Love Circus that night, and they come off with this heavy Tool vibe. Couldn’t you see Danny Carey going, “the fuck? I thought I was done with this shit”? Fuck it, I thought it was funny. Sunday I went to see my mother for a while, she just got a new roof put on her house and wanted me to see it. As I walked up on her deck I could hear the hip hop and shit blasting from the big top set up across the park from her. The Black circus had rolled into town for a week and was giving Barnum and Bailey a run for their money. They set up in Swope Park and had all that good circus shit going on. That night I went back out cause I wanted to see how Angela’s trip had gone and when I got there I found out that Kevin Martin and the Hiwatts were playing. You all might remember Kevin as the lead singer of Candlebox from a few years ago, but not to be confused with Rob Thomas from that other band. I was really impressed with em, they had this nice big sound plus Kevin can wail his ass off. Plus they seemed like really nice guys.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home