small brush shouldn't fuck with big timber

Death's Door, the view from the Spanish announcers table: <strong>poor pitful me?</strong>

Sunday, November 30

poor pitful me?

McDonalds has been pushing their new improved “Chicken” McNuggets. McDonalds is saying that their new “Chicken” McNuggets now contain real “chicken” white meat. You know, I don’t even wanna venture what the fuck was in em before.

I’ve been feeling like shit for the past few days but last night Mito convinced me that I should go out with her to hear some music, so we went downtown to a “Toys for Tots” benefit being held at Benders. I ended up having a good time cause to tell the truth? Being out away from all the crowds with Mito, just hanging out, always puts me in a good mood. If you live here in the area and wanna go somewhere to hear some good rock in a place that isn’t full of a bunch of trendy scenester muthafucker’s, but people who are there for the bands I fully recommend Benders. And its cool how hearing bands in a room like that makes em seem to stand out.

I was real impressed with “Velvet Freeze”, they played rock with a pop edge? I dug their bass player Stephanie, who almost looked too clean cut and cute to be pulling bass duty in a rock band. Not that that’s a bad thing, but she looked like she belonged in a mall somewhere shopping for sweaters, but she knew her way around a bass guitar. I also enjoyed the “Primetime Hero’s”, very Blink 182ish with a shitload of energy. They had that MTV 2 look down pat. The last band “Federation of Horsepower”, had some old friends in it. Greg, whom I’ve been seeing around town since the early nineties, and who I feel belongs in that special group of freakishly talented people that can bend time and matter to their will, held down guitar duty. Which was cool since I’ve only every seen him play nothing live but drums. This was another band that had another uber hot chick playing bass, the lovely Kristin, from “Onward Crispin Glover” who may I add, is a joy to watch doing her thing. So it goes without saying that I had a very pleasant evening. But just between us and please don’t tell her, but Mito could take me to a dog crapping exhibition and I’d still dig it.

Now that was Saturday night, waking up Sunday morning was another beast of fucked up attitudes altogether. Like I said I’ve been feeling like shit for the past few days and this morning when I tried to climb out of bed, the best I could do was fall back in pain cause I had gotten myself a full-on case of pleurisy. And if a muthafucker knows what Pleurisy is, you know how fuckin mind numbing painful it can get. So I’m laying there weighing out my options when (did she call me or did I call her?) but anyway I’m explaining shit to Michelle, who advises me to call my doctor. I end up talking to my sister who along with my mother advises me to call my doctor. And as I’m sitting in front of my computer in a fuzz I’m getting calls from my sister, mother and Michelle, who want to know if I’ve called a doctor yet. So I did, who calls me back and puts in a prescription for me to pick up, some kind of anti inflammatory. And did I mention that Mito was in on this too? That’s why I love the women in my life, cause knowing what kind of a stubborn bastard they have to deal with, they know how to keep their tiny foots in my ass till I get shit done. But I took the medicine and I’m feeling a whole lot better then I did earlier. (Thank God) But I have to be better by December fourth, because that’s when I turn the ever dreaded forty-five. And I really need to be feeling better cause I have plans to raise some hell when it happens.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home